Hurricane Ophelia - Ireland

Priorities, girl :hmm
yes, I think sumi had it right when she listed wine
It's been much calmer here for the last hour or so. I'm starting to think we're over the worst of it. Outside is a mess with leaves and rubbish, but no damage that I can see.

@ChickenGrass how are you doing?
:hugs glad to hear it and thinking about everyone else :fl

How are you guys further South doing? I'm up here in Sligo and while it's pretty windy, it's not (so far) as bad as I was expecting. The trellis in the garden is still up and we haven't lost any trees, though I think Storm Doris picked off the weak ones in the Spring...
My chickens are not quite a week yet, so all still hanging out in the bathroom, and I'm grateful for that. I just have to worry about something happening to the flat roof, since the bathroom is in the extension.

I'm in eastern Tipperary and it's still quiet, but I hear we may be in for more strong wind this evening...

DS and I went out for a quick look around and everything seems fine out there. Some branches down. No serious damage. But we didn't go far.

@Amanita I was wondering how Sligo is doing. They mentioned all the counties south from you down the coast.

I'm in eastern Tipperary and it's still quiet, but I hear we may be in for more strong wind this evening...

DS and I went out for a quick look around and everything seems fine out there. Some branches down. No serious damage. But we didn't go far.

@Amanita I was wondering how Sligo is doing. They mentioned all the counties south from you down the coast.

I'm not at all experienced in the ways of hurricanes, but I think the eye passed pretty much over us a short while ago - I guess that means we may see the same wind going in the opposite direction soon, and on into the evening.

I think the south took the brunt of it though and it's lost a bit of power by now...

We started windy, followed by crazy wind around noon to 01:00pm, which calmed down after awhile and it's been quieter since. I spoke to some locals who said we're to expect more crazy wind around 06:00pm and later…

Back
Top Bottom