Husband and i are not getting along.......

Jolyn

Songster
11 Years
Apr 5, 2008
Northern California
Yep the Mr. and i are not getting along. He's grumpy and i think it has to do with being fed up and tired of working on my coop.
roll.png

I can understand. He's put in many hours but man i hope he cheers up soon.

I'm grumpy for other reasons he's grumpy because of the coop and it's like man when will we like each other again.

Has building a coop or raising chickens caused friction in your relationships?

Now don't worry this will pass and we'll be madly in love again
lol.png
...well as much as ya can be after 13 years. Hahaha!!

Last edited:
Friction??? More like potential WW3!!!! But, he gets over it soon enough
smile.png
He wasn't very happy about my headlong dive into chicken raising, or the arrival of new chicks, or the brooders full of little chickies...... but I do my best to keep it all out of his way and make sure I don't neglect him
smile.png
In the end, it's all good
smile.png

He's grumpy cause building a coop for you wasn't a 1/2 hour job like changing the washer in a tap...which usually takes them months to get around to:>) You're right though, it will pass and you will be madly in love again as soon as the coop is done...haha But if he's anything like mine...you will owe him bigtime...teehee!

Relax....that's normal. I've been married 25 years and we got on each other's nerves when we built our coops. The trick is to focus on the good things and not on the negative aspects in a relationship.

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

I can relate too well! I think both DH and DS hate the chicks right now (maybe me too!)

I just try to overcome my impatience (I want that coop YESTERDAY!), serve lots of sweet tea and water, compliment and praise to high heaven, offer to help, and then go play with the chicks!
smile.png

It seems to "soothe the savage beast" a bit, but like you, I sure will be glad when things are back to normal.
wink.png

VABP is absolutely correct: Ignore them when they're turds. But then sing their praises at the top of your lungs when they're golden.

Another thing is to just acknowledge that you're both feeling a little pi**y (even maybe a LOT pi**y!)
barnie.gif
and how happy you'll BOTH be when it passes.
yippiechickie.gif

Which I hope will be very, very soon!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom