Husband changed mind about more kids...

I haven't been where you are, with a husband with radically different ideas about how life should continue but I do have some ideas.

You just lost the baby a few months ago, if I read your timeline right. I would guess that you both are still grieving the loss of your daughter. Men handle these things far differently than women. For him, maybe a complete change of life plan is the only way he can imagine going on. His heartbreak may show in the way he cannot bring anymore children into his life, the fear of loss may simply be overwhealming, especially since it is so recent.

He may see the bright shiny house, and bright shiny cars, and bright shiny yards as representing a bright shiny life that tragedy never touches.

You may just need time to resolve these issues, and possibly the counselor someone else suggested. If your dreams and his are so far apart it might be insurmountable. But if this is grief talking, and his dreams are more of a utopian dream of a place where heartache can't reach him, then you can work together.

On the birth control issue, before the snip snip happens, he can also take responsibility of that; however with his attitude towards snipping, a raincoat probably isn't on his agenda either.

I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope you and your husband can find common ground.

Last edited:
Quote:
I don't know what to tell you about the rest of it, but stand your ground on this one. The risks of long term BC pill use is greater than the risks of vasectomy. Trust me on this. I know from personal experience. If he doesn't want kids, leave the birth control ball in his court. No pun intended.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom