I am crazy. Crazy diet change/bet

Quote:
I hear ya on that one. Its almost like a comfort food sometimes. Nice hot rice with butter melting through it. I really shouldn't say this, but if you like cheese sprinkle some parmasan (sp?) cheese on the rice yummy.

Hmm, must try that!! lol Normally our rice is served with something else on it... mixed with veggies or drippings from the meat, so the butter thing doesn't happen but once in a blue moon... and I'm thinking it's about that time again... LOL
wink.png

Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but I'm assuming you are rather young. I went to the website and here is what it states word for word:

NOTE: Children need more than BarleyMax for breakfast; after BarleyMax, a breakfast of raw fruit and whole grain (hot or cold) cereals would be a good choice. Growing children need a diet consisting of about 50% raw foods and 50% cooked foods to insure adequate caloric intake. They need more good fats and proteins than adults and they may need more frequent meals.
I realize that you may not consider yourself a child, but if you are young enough that you are still growing and maturing, they are flat out telling you that following it will NOT give you the nutrients that you need to thrive.

I think you need to do more reading and research before you even really consider doing this. Tell the neighbor they win, your doctor won't let you, the website itself says you shouldn't do it or whatever you want to tell them, but this sounds like a REALLY bad idea for a still growing person. The first thing that jumped out at me was the lack of protein if you follow the salad only days. Beans will give you some, but you have to eat them and your description of the typical day you intend to have didn't include them. Do more reading on that website, I skipped around, but I don't think you have the whole idea yet.

My gf is 6' tall and 1/4 Japanese. She weighed 130 lbs last year. She looked WAY WAY WAY too skinny even with her fine bone structure. She changed her eating, upped her meat intake, upped her healthy fat intake, cut out the processed food and now weighs 150. She looks fantastic. Still kind of skinny, but that is the Japanese ancestry. So when you post that you are only 125...yeah...I worry. You have SOMETHING WRONG. See a doctor.

Quote:
Is tofu allowed on the diet? Can you put beans on your lunch salad? Can you have avocado on your salads? Just trying to come up with some ways of putting more protein and healthy fats into it, since that seemed to be most people's issues with it. I was a vegan for several years, and frankly this doesn't sound all that bad, except I wouldn't eat the carrot juice, pita, or pasta because of negligible vitamin content and the amounts of sugar they contain. And I would use balsamic vinegar and olive oil as salad dressing. Good luck with your challenge, hope you don't lose too much weight!

From the Hallelujah Diet 'What Not To Eat' section

Because our physical body is designed by God to be nourished with living (raw) foods...

Here are a list of foods that are excluded from The Hallelujah Diet....
....•All milk, cheese, ice cream, whipped toppings, and non-dairy creamers
Cow milk and cheese are some of the most dangerous foods we can place into our body. Read Dr. T. Colin Campbell’s book, The China Study for documentation (it will change your life).

So Rev. George Malkmus is saying milk is a no-no, despite God making it the only way for all us mammals to feed our young. One of them must be wrong, I would endeavour to suggest it might be the good Reverend but who am I to make such a judgement.​

Quote:
Cow milk and cheese are some of the most dangerous foods we can place into our body. Read Dr. T. Colin Campbell’s book, The China Study for documentation (it will change your life).

So Rev. George Malkmus is saying milk is a no-no, despite God making it the only way for all us mammals to feed our young. One of them must be wrong, I would endeavour to suggest it might be the good Reverend but who am I to make such a judgement.​

gig.gif

Yep, sounds like... well, you know what
wink.png
... to me!!!

And, I recall, reading the old testament, that god much preferred a nice fatty piece of mutton over veggies...

"Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.
And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him."

Hmmmm.... seems that only eating vegetables puts you in a really bad mood too. Bad enough to murder your brother!

Quote:
My folks have done this diet for the past 15 years and they have had wonderful results in their health. This diet is not for weight loss, it is for restoring and maintaining health. If one is overweight, the wonderful side affect is that one does lose weight...but only so much. Then you level off and maintain the same weight throughout.

This diet doesn't do anything to your internal organs except restore better function. I did a six month diet change when the folks were about a year into this and I have slowly slid off the health wagon since then~but managed to maintain some of the healthier eating changes. The first six months I lost 65 lbs. Most important, my health had improved so greatly that I felt like a completely different person.

Fifteen years later, even with major lapses in sticking to my parent's healthy regimen, I still haven't had a cold nor had to take antibiotics, no allergies, etc. The kids have been the same. Good health, not weight loss, is the goal of this diet.

I agree that one needs to stick with the diet for life and I intend to get back to it....I want to feel that good again.

One clue...you don't have to take the BarleyMax to maintain this diet. My folks started out thinking that and slowly adapted the diet as they became more informed about their health. They now use no supplements of this kind. The raw veggies, fruit, legumes, olive oil, garlic, vinegar, etc. seem to be enough to maintain good health.

The BarleyMax is just a marketing gimic that tabs along with the diet.

Quote:

gig.gif

Yep, sounds like... well, you know what
wink.png
... to me!!!

Actually, God designed us to eat milk until we are weaned. After that, understandably, the breasts dry up and are no longer producing milk. This means this is no longer needed in the diet. This happens for all baby mammals and then they too no longer have milk as a staple in their diets. Cows, horses, sheep, etc....all start eating grass, not milk.

I have the cruddy bone density to prove it. I'm diagnosed osteopenia, borderline osteoporosis, and was diagnosed that at 19 y/o. I now break a bone every year. I have also shrunk 2" in the last 10 years. Where is the calcium in this diet?

The calcium is derived from green, leafy veggies which provide more calcium than dairy products any day.

My mother is 75 now, had a hysterectomy in her 30s and no hormone replacement therapy. Her sisters, each and every one, have severe osteoporosis, multiple surgeries to replace joints, steel rods reinforcing their backs, etc.

My mother? She has the bone density of a 21 year old girl now and can work circles around you and I. She does cartwheels across the lawn every year for her birthday and enjoys a pain free existence...no arthritis, no bone pain, no back pain, etc.

When we stopped eating dairy, our allergies, head colds, etc. magically went away. I'm a nurse, so I know all the commonly accepted "dietary needs" mantra....it is not necessary to have dairy foods nor meats to maintain proper homeostasis.

Just because you folks would never do this diet, just because you have read every diet book and article known to man, does not make you an authority on dietary needs.

Please let the young lady find out for herself. I don't really get on board with this fella's take on everything, but this diet and the lifestyle changes of adding weight bearing exercise, drinking pure water, etc. can and do produce very healthy results.

Everyone I've known who tried it even for a little while had dramatic and lingering effects on their general health and well being.

My folks have endured this kind of ridicule for years now from so-called nutritional afficiandos and all their friends and family. Suffice to say that no longer having congestive heart failure, high cholesterol, an enlarged prostate, diverticulosis, billiary atresia, liver disease, pancreatitis, etc. have wiped the smirks off the faces of the still-unhealthy crowd.

The fact that they have line danced 2-3 nights out of the week, went skating every Saturday, jitterbugged their way into the local papers each weekend and generally have put all of us younger crowd to shame is a great way of thumbing their noses at their peers as they make yet another trip to the doctor and then to the pharmacy for their bag of pills.

In other words, don't knock it until you've tried it!
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom