I am crazy. Crazy diet change/bet

I too have lost 40 pounds since I stopped dieting and learned the RIGHT way to eat and have been making small lifestyle changes over the last few years... now I am a certified personal trainer and nutritionist!

"Diets" are bad, they cause you mental and physical damage.

Quote:
Hmm, therein is a problem for me... we don't buy a lot of fresh stuff here...mainly because of the expense... and that we only go into town once a week... winter, once a month... so when we do get fresh it's a treat.

Also, I don't eat much cake or pie or cookies.... an occasional candy bar, my downfall is chips. I love all the fruits and veggies, but getting them for us would break us here... next year we are thinking of a large garden to help with this!

We are junk food junkies here too. I just stopped getting a double, and drink water instead of a shake. Very SMALL changes have made all the difference. I chose what I can live with. You need to do the same. And fresh produce is not as expensive as fast food....

What fast food? When hubby goes into town, about once a month he gets BK or McDs or something... it's not weekly! lol We eat meat and rice and pasta and a veggie for most dinners. Sometimes just meat if it's something like ribs or fried chicken (homemade)...

Oh, I also have hypothyroidism... which makes losing weight laughable. I'm on my feet MOVING 8-10 hours a day, and it irks me to no end that I continue to gain. I was on Isagenix for almost a year and was slowly losing weight with that, and feeling better, but it's SOOO expensive. Hubby dropped weight quickly on it, so I know it works.

Eh, sometimes I wonder if it's just easier to deal with me as I am
wink.png

Me I'm a biggish gal but I have a wide frame - very wide in the shoulder and hips and a smaller waist. I used to hate my weight and when I was a younger teen I did a bunch fo crazy diets and what not - I am now 22 and even in just a few years the stuff I did 6-7 years ago has screwed me over. I have digestive issues now and I have to take extra vitamins especially those that help regulate metabolism (B vitamins). I battled with acid reflux for awhile and let me tell you - not fun.

Now I tell anyone who wants to go on crazy little diets like purge diets, shakes, jenny craig, etc... Eat what is obviously healthy fresh foods - fruits, veggies, some dairy, red meat, eggs, and bread. Moderation is the key - eating 3 regular meals and 2 small snacks like a fruit or veggie during the day helps to keep your metabolism and digestive system active and keeps you having fresh calories to burn. Laying off alot of junk food is a big thig - sodas as well.. When I dropped regular sodas for diet soda and water - I lost 15 lbs in a month!

Plenty of water! I am an excessive sweater so water is a key ingrediant for me. I agree on 'deprivation complex' when you say 'I CANT HAVE' that makes it 100X more tempting and you're 100X more likely to slip on it. Focus on what you like, whats available, and then worry about what your going to allow yourself to 'splurge' on. Me I'm not a big sweets eater except I get 'tastes' for stuff. Also cutting back on the fast food - but not saying ' I can't have it' just 'I shouldn't have it for lunch, but I can grab something for a small snack' - Me only thing I get from fast food places is vanilla icecream/shakes or sweet tea. I love subway though - omg I would die without being able to eat subway - lol.

Also - obviously exercise. I walk my dogs when its not extremely hot if it is I wait till early morning and late evening and take them walking. I run after a 5 yr old all day, I keep busy alot, and I jump on a trampoline with my daughter most evenings as well
tongue.png

For particular problem areas like me my stomach is flabby - but hey I had a kid and I @ 9 months I gestational diabetes and had gained 70 lbs on my already 'healthy' frame
wink.png
- so yeah my belly is a big problem area - but I do stretches, crunches, etc to try and target that area.

From a few months ago - say April I've dropped 2 pant sizes, trimmed down my thighs a bit more, and I don't go by weight because in summer I always gain muscle - so that makes the 'weigh loss' hard to calculate.

I think you should check with your doctor before starting this diet.

If you don't like your body shape, I wonder, what are you doing for exercise? Are you doing cardio every day? Are you lifting weights? You need to do both cardio and strength training to improve your body.

The phrase "skinny as I can be" worries me. Would you feel comfortable posting a full-body pic of yourself in street clothes so we can see what you look like now?

Again, please talk with your doctor first.

Ok I just wanted to make this clear for the other readers incase they didn't pick up on it since I know a few people with melanoma and will probably get it myself.

There is research that shows that eating a raw diet can help beat melanoma. I'm not sure why it works, but it involves (from what I have read) eating basically a vegan diet, with nothing cooked above 110 degrees, no artificial anything and drinking lots of water, veggie/fruit juice, and unpasteurized/raw goat's milk.

I also want to mention that before anyone stops what they are eating and switches to this diet I have no idea if eating it reduces your chance of actually getting melanoma. It is not something I would recommend you do unless you have cancer and are not responding to other treatments, when it is usually used.

ANDREW, Seek help and talk to a nutritionist.

This diet will not sustain you, you will starve yourself. There is not nearly enough protein, and quite frankly the use of that many "colon cleanses" on a regular basis throughout the day is ridiculous and NOT HEALTHY. If you are that concerned with your body I suggest that you start lifting weights and drinking whey protein shakes.

If your body fat percentage becomes too low, which for you it probably already has, your body will have a hard time maintaining homeostasis and you can end up stressing out and damaging your organs. You can also give yourself osteoporosis because your body will take nutrients away from your muscle and bones to help you survive.

Hardly anything in that diet has fat in it. Not okay. You need fat. There are certain vitamins that can only be absorbed in fat.

Honestly if you are that concerned with how you look, lift weights and drink whey protein. It will put mass on you but it won't be just pure weight gain of un-needed fat. You can gain just lean muscle depending on your workout if you don't want to bulk up that much. Cardio is good for your heart health, but I would focus on muscle building right now. Make sure that you stay in the healthy range of body fat. While you're at it check your resting heart rate and blood pressure too.

I had an eating disorder in high school and I kicked it, and gained a lot of weight after high school. Lost it, gained some back. Now I'm focusing on how I can stay healthy long term. I started eating better and started lifting weights and doing a beach body exercise program that's cardio based. I'm stronger than ever, I have abs of steel (even though you can't see them but they are there!), and upper body strength. It makes me feel better than when I lost all that weight by not eating because I know that now my body is getting what it needs.

Good luck,

Meg

Last edited:
Quote:
We are junk food junkies here too. I just stopped getting a double, and drink water instead of a shake. Very SMALL changes have made all the difference. I chose what I can live with. You need to do the same. And fresh produce is not as expensive as fast food....

What fast food? When hubby goes into town, about once a month he gets BK or McDs or something... it's not weekly! lol We eat meat and rice and pasta and a veggie for most dinners. Sometimes just meat if it's something like ribs or fried chicken (homemade)...

Oh, I also have hypothyroidism... which makes losing weight laughable. I'm on my feet MOVING 8-10 hours a day, and it irks me to no end that I continue to gain. I was on Isagenix for almost a year and was slowly losing weight with that, and feeling better, but it's SOOO expensive. Hubby dropped weight quickly on it, so I know it works.

Eh, sometimes I wonder if it's just easier to deal with me as I am
wink.png

If you can find the whole grain pasta and brown rice they will help with weightloss. If you don't eat that already.
smile.png

Last edited:
125 and 6' is too thin for a young man...I assume you're a male from your profile.
You will screw up your metabolism, throw your electolytic balance seriously out of whack (heart arrhythmias!) and cause some decent vitamin/mineral deficiencies with this diet. To lose some weight when you are already 6' and 125# sounds a bit..well, wrong. Why do you want to do this?
If you just want to prove you can do something that seems difficult, take trombone lessons.
roll.png

I don't mean to come off preachy, Hon. I've just seen alot of people mess their bodies up by doing silly things. Remember the last words of people who die of stupidity - "hey everyone, watch this!"

The diet sounds like all those other new fad diets - a scam.
I agree 100% with Meg.

Last edited:
I feel like it is a healthy diet change.

Like I said, my aunt had melanoma. (Skin cancer) Every month, she would go to the doctor and get any freckle or blemish dug out of her skin. But, she drastically switched diets to this, and is very healthy, with no melanoma!

I'll repeat it. I am not TRYING to lose weight. If I lose weight as the result of a healthy diet change, great. Otherwise, I'm happy where I'm at!

I have no idea if eating it reduces your chance of actually getting melanoma.

Reducing your consumption of sugars and other carbohydrates does reduce your cancer risk. Raw foodies get it half right, but it isn't going all raw that helps...it is the fact that most highly processed, high carbohydrate food does fit in to their eating plan.

As for whole grains vs refined, it is like the difference between regular cigarettes and low tar cigarettes. I got VERY VERY fat and developed high blood pressure along with pre-diabetes eating a "whole grain" vegetarian diet. Grains are basically sugar. 2 slices of bread = 1/4 cup of sugar. 1 cup of pasta = 1/4 cup of sugar. Most people eat the equivalent of 2-3 cups of sugar a day and have no clue they are doing it.​

Back
Top Bottom