I am over weight and having a melt down :'(

Fancy Feather Poultry

Cooped Up
12 Years
May 30, 2007
Ok I am 5'5'' and I am suppose to be 100 pounds and im 120 I need to lose 20 pounds does anyone how some good advise on how I could lose this weight in a month or two. I would really apperciate some help because I need to look good for some events coming up and I am not interested in any advise on diet pills, I want to lose it all naturaly I just cant figure out what kinda food I should be eating for breakfest, lunch, and dinner. Alot people say like low calorie stuff but that doesn't really give me on like on what products? what foods?, I wanna figure out a daily schedule on what to eat and how many calories I should burn each day.

amanda...body sculpting has been a hobby of mine for the las 9 years...losing 20lbs in 2 months is a piece of cake. Follow this and you will be in competition weight without any problems in 8 weeks. This of course assumes you have no chronic health issues and normal kidney function.

Breakfast--> 1/2cup uncooked rolled oats with milk and 1/3 cup reduced carb peaches.
-2 cups water
-1 cup coffee
-1 multivitamin
-1 mg folic acid
-1 fish oil tab

Morning tea: ( 10am) 1/2 scoop protein powder in water...no carb protein powder...tastes like S*** but you want drastic results you need drastic measures!
-1 piece of fruit
-2 glasses water

lunch--> 1 chicken breast, no skin broiled ( no salt or dressing of any kind unless you wanted to sprinkle a little lemon juice on it)
1 cup salad greens--> no dressing/cheese/eggs
-1/2 tomatoe cut up on salad
-2 glasses water
-1/2 small potato boiled/microwaved

Afternoon tea--> same as morning tea

dinner--> same as lunch

Supper ( at 10pm)--> 1 glass water, 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese.

Stick to this for 8 weeks and you will be in the kind of shape you could only dream about now...you will have a 6 pack at the end of this if you are religious about it.
-> once/week you get one meal of your choice to the tune of 800cal max...that would mean maybe 2 pieces of pizza or 1 piece + a beer for example.

My sister cut out all sugar in her diet. She dropped weight FAST!!!

It was REALLY hard to do, cutting out all sugars from her diet but boy she sure has lost weight. PLUS she walks every morning about 3-4 miles, at a quick pace to get her heart rate up.

I do water arobics at our local pool. I have a bad knee and just went through two shoulder surgeries
within the last 11 months, so very low impact but a GREAT workout. I am however the youngest on in the pool and the ladies all call me "The Toddler"
big_smile.png

sticking to this since the beginning of summer I am down from 191 to 165lbs. I'll go back up to about 190 or thereabouts in the winter again.

Hate to break it to you, sweetheart, but you're not overweight. If you are indeed 5'5" and 120, you're "just right", with a BMI of 20.0, which most of us ladies would give our favorite chickens to be! Any thinner, say, your goal weight of 100 lbs, would put you in the dangerously UNDERWEIGHT area, and you would stop having periods. Just eat healthily and exercise right, and you'll be just fine.

Well, I had to break it but I am not a tea person, just never was one what could I use to substitute it? and do I really have to add tomatoes to the salad or can I juse eat it plain? I am overweight in the ba-dunka-dunk area and in my thighs and abs last time I measured I was 5'5'' and that was about 3 months ago, I wear size 16 maybe even bigger sence I have been wearing stretchy pants. I haven't started my period yet so im not really worried about it....yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out www.sparkpeople.com They will customize a plan for you and give you a menu and shopping list. Most likely within the realm of waht your family may have in the cupboards. A lot of sound advice there, and they don't beleive in pills. check it out - it's free!

I also want to say, that a Five foot person should weight 100 lbs. If you're large frame, add 5 lbs and if you're smal frame subtract 5 lbs. Then for every inch above five foot add 5 lbs. So if you're average frame, and 5 foot 5, you should weight 125 lbs. If you are small frame, you should weight 120, and if you're large frame you should weight 130. Sounds likes you are right on target. Maybe you just need to do some muscle toning to get rid of a bulge that's bothering you. 100 lbs for 5 foot 5 is not healthy.

Last edited:
Average weight for 5'5" is btw 115-150...so I don't think you're overweight...you're average. As long as you are exercising at least 3 days a week...Cardio at least 1/2 an hour and you are eating right, then you shouldn't worry. Don't rely on a scale to tell you if you are healthy.
Just cut out the sugar...soda is bad m'kay...

I'm 5'4 and weigh a heck of a lot more then that...I'd be happy to get to 150...
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom