I am so excited! I just placed my spring chick order! :D

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by off-grid hen, Dec 1, 2011.

1. off-grid hen

off-grid hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I just ordered a barnevelder, a welsummer, 2 black copper marans, and 3 easter eggers! Yay for rainbow eggs from rainbow colored flock! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    OH, you're gonna be so happy when those eggs come.......And of course chicks are always just so cute...

3. off-grid hen

Mar 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    I know! I almost started squealing like a happy little kid when I got the order confirmation. So ridiculous! [​IMG]

4. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Congratulations! When will they arrive? [​IMG]

5. off-grid hen

Mar 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Not til April, but It was really nice to finally be able to hit the "submit my order" button. On the breeds I wanted, and SEXED. [​IMG]

6. spacecowgirl

spacecowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    Where did you order them from? I'm wanting to do the same thing but I'm a little scared to order through the mail...

Congrats on your upcoming chicks, though!!! I'm jealous (as you can tell!) [​IMG]

7. off-grid hen

Mar 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Quote:I ordered from my pet chicken. I was going to order with some other people later in the season who chose a different hatchery, but I was bring picky with breeds, didn't want straight run chicks, etc. If you are uncomfortable with ordering through the mail, you could look for a local breeder, or hatch some eggs. Living in the middle of nowhere, it was hard to find the black coppers. But if I wanted those- I needed to order 7, so I got the other chicks I wanted from there too. And I didnt want 25 chicks, which is the minimum order from many places. I would love to hatch eggs, but I'm not a breeder and I'm not ready to process excess cockerels for meat or sale yet.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by