I am SO ticked off by this letter!!!

Quote:
Ignorance is bliss, isn't it? Texas dog law is very similar to Wisconsin's. You must register your dogs with the county at a state minimum fee of $1, not to exceed $5 by individual counties. The money is used to administer the program and pay restitution to people who have lost livestock to dogs.

unaltered license here is $100 per dog! Y'all are getting off easy. I would just fill out the form with the four dogs and don't "say" anything about it. Don't lie, don't not lie. Speak no evil.

Quote:
Have to give you point on that! Anymore, I'm coming to be against any form of government snooping...I fully understand all the reasons for dog licensing, but have yet to see people in office who take their end of it seriously unless it is to bother the law abiding citizen.

Quote:
In Wisconsin, part of the money is used to make restitution to people whose livestock have been killed by stray dogs. If you file a claim with your township within three days of an incident they will pay up to fair market value for any animals killed. If they find that you have unlicensed dogs on your premises then they will refuse the claim.

The state required tax is $3 for fixed dogs and $8 for intact dogs, although individual municipalities can tack more onto that.

Okay, can anybody who has actually received such restitution weigh in on this? Is this an empty promise, especially given that last bit of fine print?

Here in Virginia, when your dog gets a rabies shot the veterinarian is REQUIRED BY LAW to submit your info to the county, which then turns around and sends you a letter if your dog is not licensed with them. The fine for not licensing is $250 PER DOG!!

Quote:
Another example of the Bureaucracy Running Wild...one has to wonder how many dogs are running around without rabies shots now too, because the bureaucrats had to get their fingers in the cookie jar...here, they charge an extra fee for unaltered dogs to get rabies shots, and these funds go into a fund supposedly for poorer families to get their pets fixed, but given the track records of certain politicians in Illinois, one has to wonder which "fund" the funds go into...I always hear of people looking for low cost spay and neuter, so apparently said "funds" aren't doing such a hot job of letting people know where and who they are...what a surprise.

Quote:
Another example of the Bureaucracy Running Wild...one has to wonder how many dogs are running around without rabies shots now too, because the bureaucrats had to get their fingers in the cookie jar...here, they charge an extra fee for unaltered dogs to get rabies shots, and these funds go into a fund supposedly for poorer families to get their pets fixed, but given the track records of certain politicians in Illinois, one has to wonder which "fund" the funds go into...I always hear of people looking for low cost spay and neuter, so apparently said "funds" aren't doing such a hot job of letting people know where and who they are...what a surprise.

thumbsup.gif
Exactly!

Quote:
It's not that many. Trust me, it's not a large number at all.

Personally, I would suggest that you just tell them you gave one away. Then don't worry about buying tags unless the dog is an outside dog. What they don't know won't hurt them. They don't need that extra tax money anyway.

Quote:
It's not that many. Trust me, it's not a large number at all.

Personally, I would suggest that you just tell them you gave one away. Then don't worry about buying tags unless the dog is an outside dog. What they don't know won't hurt them. They don't need that extra tax money anyway.

What! How on earth are they ever going to afford another luxury car/mistress/political-fund-we-don't-know-about, without all that dog license money from the citizens!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom