I am SO ticked off by this letter!!!

Terri O

Crowing
10 Years
Jan 2, 2010
WI~chickening for 30 years!
SO, today we get this letter from the county saying that we "attempted to license 5 dogs and we are only allowed 4!" So what do I do? I was feeling pretty good about licensing only 5 this year...in the past we have licensed 7! (I lost 2 this past fall) They quoted an ordinance from 1982! OK--so why was I never contacted??? I just knew I should not have tried to re-license my 15 year old little rat terrier! I am so mad! What do you think I should do? Tell them I put down a dog? In order to have 5 dogs I have to apply for a conditional use permit to the tune of $250!!! I feel like I am living in the city again! What really makes me wonder is on the license app it has space for 6 dogs! I know that I have made another one fit under the box for about 15 years now! GGRRRR! I want to scream!!! Terri O--who cant type anymore...in WI where licensing dogs just opens up a can of worms......so much ro being a responsible pet owner!

Just license 4 and say you dont have or gave away the other one. What are they gonna do, come over and check? And if they do try to check, just have a neighbor or friend hold one for you.

I not sure about this but someone told me once that a applying for a kennel license is cheaper that buying tags for five dogs individually. Not sure, maybe something to check into.
hu.gif

Well the variance for a kennel is $250 and then I assume that there is a fee for the license itself. All my dogs are fixed so 5 dogs are only $15 for their licenses. Definitely the fee is way less than I spend for food, vets and the like...I just wish I wasnt so honest and tried to license my dogs every year for the past 20! (oh, oh--getting heated up again!)
barnie.gif
Terri
(PS) I just dont want them to come around and decide that I have "too many animal units" for my 7 acres....I would have to get rid of chickens!

Well, I don't know how it is up there now, but when I was a kid I spent a lot of time in WI and I don't recall anyone ever being checked up on by anyone. Don't know where you are but I spent a lot of time around the Kettle Moraine area. I'd just keep the fifth dog under wraps. I think they have enough to be going on with without worrying about your dog.

Hmmmmm they quoted an ordinance from 1982, but you licensed 7 dogs in the recent past? Someone in the office must have been digging up old ordinaces to give someone a hard time.
I do have to say your licensing fees are the cheapest I have ever heard of. We pay $40 a dog, I think. I would say that I gave one of the dogs away too.

oh... i'm bad I guess... i refuse to license any of mine.... not until cat owners have to start doing it!

Back
Top Bottom