I Can’t Get No Satisfaction July Adopt-an-Egg Hatch-a-Long 🇬🇧

Any fatal recessive genes in Amani that would cause this?
I don’t know, I’m trying to get some help in another thread, but am not getting any responses. I guess the only common denominator is my rooster, since the eggs are from all of the hens. He is only about 1 1/2 - 2 yrs old, and eggs hatch under broodys, although that is touch and go, too. It’s very perplexing 🤷‍♀️

Oh no. I’m sorry. Is there a possibility that your incubator it running lower than what it says other than on certain spots? I hope we can figure this out soon and you can have a successful hatch sometime soon.
I’ve got two incubators that run the same temps with hygrometers, and my mixed flock eggs hatch in them, no problems, so I don’t think it’s the incubators. It could be my rooster. I guess, but I just don’t know.

I don’t know, I’m trying to get some help in another thread, but am not getting any responses. I guess the only common denominator is my rooster, since the eggs are from all of the hens. He is only about 1 1/2 - 2 yrs old, and eggs hatch under broodys, although that is touch and go, too. It’s very perplexing 🤷‍♀️
I just saw this post where the Rooster's age is posted, sorry about that. Hopefully you can get it figured out.

I am sooooo sorry that this has happened to your eggs. I have heard before if the Drake is older or the hen that this is a possibility but I am sure that they are using good stock and young stock for this???? Also, I need to know, which number is veining???? I just had to ask, lol.
Haha, I was waiting for that. It is number 16 - @NorthwoodsChick . This line of cemanis came from great stock and has been cultivated over several years, so I’m lost. But thank you 😊

I'm so sorry :hugs . I don't think it's the sire, honestly. Since they hatch fine from the broodies, I'll place my bets that for some reason the bator doesn't do its job
But I have two bators that are less than a year old, and the mixed breeds hatch fine? It’s just so weird. The chicks that do hatch are healthy and grow up fine, no issues, albeit a little small. I have someone hatching eggs that said her eggs all looked fine and were moving at 10 days, so if hers hatch out, I guess I still won’t know what the issue is?

Haha, I was waiting for that. It is number 16 - @NorthwoodsChick . This line of cemanis came from great stock and has been cultivated over several years, so I’m lost. But thank you 😊
You are most welcome my Dear and I knew you would just know someone would have to ask. I pray that egg makes it., even if it's not Number 1>lol.

Back
Top Bottom