I can sex your pullets and cockerels!

Do you like my thread?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Pics
Can you please help me sex this chicken. She (he?) is one of our first two purchased as white leghorns from tractor supply (although she has so much more brown on her than I expected)
We got her(?) sexed as a female. I believe she is about 12 weeks old.
Red sex link rooster

Lost track of dates, but most were babies bought march/april

Salmon Favorelle - Bantam
20170718_181414.jpg

20170718_181436.jpg

Gold Laced Polish (I think pullet)
20170718_175825.jpg

Silkie - Feed store brand, only has 4 toes each foot
20170718_175749.jpg
20170718_175806.jpg

If you'd be so kind to help verify a couple breeds too, that would be awesome. We picked up a variety different chick breeds at once, about 6 were lost to a coon. So lost track of some we still have left. Sorry for crappy pics.

Barred Rock or Cuckoo Maran? Had both, only one left.

20170718_174435.jpg

Bottom Right - black with brown on chest. Is this a black sex link? It was in a surprise bin.
20170718_174218.jpg

The dark red one, 2 back from above mentioned, i think is out New Hampshire Red? Plus one more I was hoping to verify was a welsummer but I don't have her pic.

Thank you

Faverolles are easy to sex, males look so much different from the females. Your's is definitely a pullet. The Polish and Silkie both look female.

Thank you! I was pretty sure on the polish. No clue on the silkie. And confused with the favorelle, because I had 2. Both the same color but this one has a noticeable tail and the other had none.

If you'd be so kind to help verify a couple breeds too, that would be awesome. We picked up a variety different chick breeds at once, about 6 were lost to a coon. So lost track of some we still have left. Sorry for crappy pics.

View attachment 1081698

Bottom Right - black with brown on chest. Is this a black sex link? It was in a surprise bin.
View attachment 1081702

The dark red one, 2 back from above mentioned, i think is out New Hampshire Red? Plus one more I was hoping to verify was a welsummer but I don't have her pic.

Thank you
If you can get a pic of each, and Mark them, that would be very helpful! Please full body pics, and comb

Lost track of dates, but most were babies bought march/april

Salmon Favorelle - Bantam
View attachment 1081621
View attachment 1081616

Gold Laced Polish (I think pullet)
View attachment 1081634
Silkie - Feed store brand, only has 4 toes each foot
View attachment 1081637 View attachment 1081643

All of them look like pullets to me.

View attachment 1081698

View attachment 1081702

Thank you

I need better pictures.

Back
Top Bottom