Almost winter
More winter

and
Spring!

You little wuss
lol.png
wink.png

Quote:
Sure was! The snow along our street was piled higher than I was tall. And I was a good 5'8" by then.
I too am thrilled to live where I do. I love our weather except for the humidity in summer. And yup, that would be Connecticut, second from the bottom of that list.

Last edited:
Yes, I could do without the knats and the biting flies and Mosquitos! We never had them that I can remember at home in San Francisco! Of course it was colder there in the summer than in any winter in NY! LOL! I miss the embarcadero but not the traffic!!!!
Caroline

This is my backyard this morning. In snow country this is known as a dusting! My chickens and ducks are all content in their coop and will venture out for fresh air. I'm headed out to play with my son and the dogs for a while.

IMG_1916.jpg

Quote:
Don't you just love fresh snowfall! I love to look around and see the critter footprints and see how many different creatures visited over the night. We have straw bales around the north and west sides of the coops and yards to break the wind and provide a little extra insulation and yesterday I saw where two deer must have stopped by for a little snack.
frow.gif

I've been putting my hens outside from most of the day until today. Its unbelievably cold with a wicked wind. The windchill must be below zero I'm guessing and temp was 14F last I checked. They luck out and get to stay snuggled in the coup until this weather eases up some.

burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I made them some oatmeal this morning mixed with some hamburger. Even in this terrible cold....they are laying eggs fairly regular.

I have a heat lamp in the coup. And a water heater.

I'm unrecognizable when I go out to take care of them. Carhartts from head to toe. gloves hat, with hood on that..boots. phew. but it's surprisingly warm with the gear on.

Back
Top Bottom