I can't seem to peel my hard boiled eggs - page 8 Solution!

Quote:
works every time!
thumbsup.gif

How to boil perfect eggs:

Place eggs in cold water in pan. Bring water to a boil. Turn off heat, place plate or lid over pan, set the pan aside and leave for 10 minutes.

If water cooled when you ready to peel them, crack and crush the shell by rolling gently on table. The shells will peel off, eggs will be perfectly cooked..

Note: if you want to EAT the eggs immediately just spoon out of the water after 5 minutes and put in egg cup and tap with the side of a knife to open the egg.

Notice next time you boil eggs from store: Do they kind of stand on end in the water? They are OLD eggs. I suppose they still good enough to eat, maybe.. But its the main reason I started raising chickens. I know my eggs are fresh.

But I mean the day you bring these eggs home from store...they float on ends...not good thing to see.

My fingers always hurt after peeling eggs. Trying to get the shells off and only getting little pieces at a time was painful and time consuming and then the eggs never looked good if you needed them to for pickled or deviled eggs. Then after years of this my neighbor told me what to do. After boiling the eggs you put the pan in the sink and run cold water into the boiling water until it is just warm or lukewarm. Then you can crack the shell and peel. It comes right off. Doesn't have to be aged and nothing added to the water. Works great!

Don't know if this was already said(I haven't read all the posts).
But you can boild the egg with whatever method you wish.
When cool you can take a knife and cut them in half and then take a spoon and scoop the egg out of the shell.

This is what works for me, I only have store bought eggs and still have trouble pealing them at times.

Just thought I throw that out there.
smile.png

Hey, Everyone....

This may or may not be slightly related.....I have one chicken that's eggs are kind of mushy when I hard boil them. The white is almost pasty, but the yolk is fine. Should I just boil her eggs longer or does she have some kind of vitamin deficiency?

I use plenty of salt and start them in cold water (at least one fourth to one third of a cup of salt) once they come to a rolling boil I boil them exactly five minutes and (It has been my experience that if you cook them longer the yolks turn gray) then run cold water over them until they are cooled enough to hold comfortably in your hand at which time I crack them submerged in water and procede with peeling. I rarely have one that comes out of the shell less than perfect. I have used this method for many years with great success, when I had my Cocktail Lounge, I pickled eggs for the bar and they had to be in perfect shape. They were also served in the shell hard boiled to customers and they never presented a problem for them to peel either. I also used extra large or jumbo eggs. The yolks are a bright golden yellow and the whites are as tender as they can ever be, both are cooked perfectly. Further more, you never have to add salt to the egg when you eat it but they are never over salted either. CAT

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom