I caught my fox! UPDATED.. now with the VIDEO!

Awesome video!! Looking at the still photos, I can't help thinking 'poor little guy'... but I didn't think that about the one that took one of my girls last spring. Didn't get him but my neighbor may have done.

OH! I wonder if that'd work with coons... Hmmm...Better be a very secure box though with a coon....
I think coons are much easier to trap. Do some google searches... they are not so wary, and will enter a cage trap pretty easily for the right bait.
I have videos of this fox for WEEKS prior to its finally entering the trap. I don't think it would have ever gone in if I didn't have the live chicks for bait.

Still feeling pretty victorious this morning!!!

Yeah - nice job!

I'm also interested in the camera setup.

Was the trap and cage set up as a tunnel (open at both ends) so the fox could see the chicks from both sides?

What kind of video camera is that? Its super.
It's a Bushnell Trophy Cam HD. I can't remember the model number. I got it when I started losing birds this spring, and it's been a lot of fun...and helpful. For this video, the camera is strapped to a tree about 15 feet from the trap. I have lots of videos and still shots of the fox sneaking around the coop and even charging the fence. I didn't think I'd ever actually catch this one!

As far as the question of the set-up: The tarp covered the trap and cage. There was an opening at the other end (you can see it in the video, as the fox tries to get the birds from that end, then finally goes around and through the trap) so the chicks were not in total darkness, and the fox could see them.

Hope this helps some other fox victims!

Fantastic pictures and video...
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom