I Feel Really Sad

Pine Acres Peeps

Songster
10 Years
May 24, 2009
Citronelle, Alabama
I have no one else to talk to about anything, I don't really expect a reply to this post but I needed to tell someone so I hope noone minds. Well, today started out like the last couple of days. My husband trot-lines in the rivers around here, usually a friends goes with him as they share the fish and profits. But his friend is sick so I filled in. I love to fish and have my boat license for many years now, I have operated a boat with other people and occassionally by myself for as long as I can remember I wouldn't say I'm perfect but I am not horrbile either. But, everytime I did anything today and the last couple of days he, my husband has had something smart to say and occassionally called me a stupid a** while we are out on the water. I have not been to these lines before so I did not now where to go at the exact time he wanted me to. I told him how I felt on the way home today and he said he was not sorry for saying anytihng to me. Once we got home he was acting normal again. Later in the day I was going to get some more chick feeders and waterers and he went with me. I was talking about my just hatched chicks and saying to someone how excited I was and he rudely interupted and said, "They don't run my life, I have other things to think about than chickens all day." I was taken back by what he had said, but more than anything it embarrassed me and hurt my feelings. It was like he wanted to belittle me in front of someone. I wanted to cry for some reason, but I didn't want him or anyone to see it bothered me. But the rest of the day I have been a little heartsick over it. So I have decided never to tell him about my chicks or chickens again, unless he asks first. Anyways thanks for letting me vent.

hit.gif

Last edited:
hugs.gif
I am in the same boat! My DH could care less about anything I am into. Belittling is not necessary and my response would have been, what crawled up your --- and died. Don't take that, make a stand.. Sorry you are going through that, hope it gets better!!
hugs.gif

Sorry you had a bad day-hope it's better tomorrow and your hubby is more understanding of your feelings
hugs.gif

Thanks for being brave and sharing, because when you do it usually does help other people in some way. Hang in there.

Hang in there.
hugs.gif
Unfortunately, some men have a terrible disease that they are unaware of. Although it's somewhat common they have not named it, but it's easy to recognize because everytime they open thier mouth their foot flys in it.

Is his name Darryl??? if so, he's one of those guys that marries 2 "hot babes" at once!! I'm with ya....PM me if you just want to chat!! or I'm on yahoo chat at [email protected]

wish I could say it would be better, I've been in the sh%&** for 10 years...must be a glutton for punishment!!

Why didnt you pop him in his nasty mouth when he called you that name?
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Nope not Darryl, but maybe it should be.
He also told me while we were out there because I couldn;t do things just right he was gonna quit trot-lineing and sell his boats.
And I was gonna sell my chickens, I guess because because I am not perfect. I didn't understand how my chickens had any effect on him selling his boat. But I did tell him he thought I just couldn't do it right because I didn't have a D***. That got me cussed some more.

I know exactly what you are going thru, Darryl is going on a "Father's Day" fishing trip and has to wake up at 2am, his truck broke down 2 hours away and the guy he's going with went to "rescue him" I asked, why didn't you call me, he said he thought that maybe jim had a trick up his sleeve because he's a diesel mechanic, so anyway, he gets home and after an hour on the computer trying to look up the lake he's going to fish on because "he's going to outfish all of them"!!! I ask...why would you want to outfish an 80 year old guy and your best friend and brother in law...it's your first invite...maybe you should just GO AND ENJOY....NO!!! and when I asked him a question, I got the annoyed "what, are you asking me questions for" look....trust me, it's terrible and won't get any better, please let me know if you want to chat anytime, I thank God for my best friend...

Back
Top Bottom