I found a baby bird

the same thing happend to me so any help i could get would be great. dont try to give it back to its mama she will not want him anymore after you've touched him.

the same thing happend to me so any help i could get would be great. dont try to give it back to its mama she will not want him anymore after you've touched him.
I'm pretty sure that's a myth. If you are able to put it back in the nest, do so, and then watch to make sure the mom accepts it. Birds don't have the best sense of smell.

I'm fairly certain this is a myth too. If yours seems pretty healthy try and put it back in the nest and watch to see if she comes back. If she doesn't then put it in a box with something warm to nestle in and a warm water bottle. Also try and find a bird sanctuary/rehabilitation center near you. Bring them there as soon as possible...it's just bad luck the one near me wasn't open today.

I'm fairly certain this is a myth too. If yours seems pretty healthy try and put it back in the nest and watch to see if she comes back. If she doesn't then put it in a box with something warm to nestle in and a warm water bottle. Also try and find a bird sanctuary/rehabilitation center near you. Bring them there as soon as possible...it's just bad luck the one near me wasn't open today.
Yes. I got all my info from a vet who lives on my street, I am friends with his daughter. He's super good with all wildlife and pets! We have rescued many birds and he has helped us a lot. I will be watching this thread in case you need any more help! Also, @chicks_ , you should post your own thread with pictures and info if you are still working on helping your chick, and you will definitely get more responses that way.

Just a heads up. Many birds are federally protected by the Migratory Bird Act and it is a federal crime to be in possession of the eggs, chicks or adults. The best thing you can do for this little one is contact your local Wildlife Rehabber or wildlife rescue and hand it over.
I'm taking it to the local Bird Sanctuary tomorrow if it lasts the night.

Yes. I got all my info from a vet who lives on my street, I am friends with his daughter. He's super good with all wildlife and pets! We have rescued many birds and he has helped us a lot. I will be watching this thread in case you need any more help! Also, @chicks_ , you should post your own thread with pictures and info if you are still working on helping your chick, and you will definitely get more responses that way.
So how much would you recommend feeding it per meal? And how should I feed if it isn't opening it's mouth wide enough/at all?

Well I did feed it again a few drops, it had a similar reaction as before and then I put it back in the box. I'll see what happens now

Back
Top Bottom