I got a really neat hatch today!!

kerriliane

Songster
9 Years
Sep 19, 2010
Langley, BC, Canada
I'll bust out the camera soon, BUT
I have 5 or so black hens - which are any of the following.. not 100% sure - black stars/possibe australorp/ameraucana/neat black chickens

and my only rooster that does his job is tan, with a brown section that looks like a saddle.
Anyway

out of all 8 eggs - one hatched out black with a yellow underside from chin all the way back, yellow feather tips, and what looks kinda likeyellow eyelashes, like right above the eye are yellow tufts! REALLY NEAT!
Also got one thats yellow, with like a black stripe down the whole thing!

I'll post pics once their into the brooder! SO CUTE!

oh, and one of the so far 4 yellow ones... only appears to have a right eye!
sad.png

Last edited:
Congrats on your babies
love.gif
. I have a chicken with only one eye. It doesn't bother her a bit. She keeps up with the best of them.

Okay, So I have the 4 that hatched yesterday in the brooder.. and the 3 that have hatched this afternoon.. still in the incubator drying off and fluffing up..

DSC_3024.jpg

DSC_3010.jpg

Last edited:
NEED HELP!!
The one that looks to only have a right eye.. I think the left eye is just gooped closed! the feathers on the left side of the head never fluffed! it's all like, glued down! how do I clean that up?

I would use a warm wet wash cloth and then make sure that it stays warm and doesn't get chilled.. You can trim some of the feathers/fluff if that helps also..

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom