I got my 4 Black Silkies from California.... PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
You WOULD too! I don't suppose she ordered them from the same place you did?

Nope. She got them from California. I got them from Florida. It seems to me that there are very few breeders that you can actually trust. Its a shame. It seems that when you are just starting out, the breeders will try to send you their culls.

If it was an actual mistake, and she refunds you the total cost for the single combed bird, then she did the right thing.

Last edited:
Quote:
eh! Its like buying a car.... you can buy from a specialized dealership who sells and services one brand of car therefore knowing them inside and out.... or you can buy from the used car lot down the street who doesn't know anything about any specific brand, just has them out there on their lot.

First she showed me pictures of all the started birds she had for sale. I assumed that all had the correct five toes, and combs. (I was paying for birds with no dq's). I wasn't expecting show quality, just good starting stock for 4-H.

The blacks are from 1-2+ months of age. I picked a younger black and the other three look to be about the same age. I didn't notice the single comb right away until I looked at them closely. The bird has such a big crest that I couldn't tell unless I looked very closely.

One of the other birds beak's has a slight crack on the tip. (It may have happened during shipping.) I think I can show this one, but points will be taken off. As soon as I get home I will send photos to the breeder and post them on here.

Pics of the single combed bird:

100_4706-1.jpg

100_4705.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom