I got my babies!!!

I use a 60-100 in Rubermaid tubs and put a thermometer at duck level. Usually you want around 90-95 the first week, drop 5 degrees each week or give them enough room to get away from it. Also a jar of sealed water with a towel or a rag wrapped around it , then mine can climb on jar which is under lamp , to get closer to heat or to feel 'safe' on mommy bottle. Don't use anything with threads loose they can catch on. I use a piece of fleece. I have cats and terriers so like a ducklett mcnugget, so be careful. Later , when grown, cats leave them alone. Weight the top a bit too, so if cat jumps on top....I had one that would go drink the water on our aquarium filter.
ep.gif

Mine drinks from the fish bowl, her and the beta are friends... (Yeah I don't know.... They are strange...) so far she has left them alone, the heat lamp actually melted the plastic of my aquarium lid, so I made a temporary one from Manila folders and a duck tape spider web type thing for the heat to get in, you can see it in this picture

I just bought a digital thermometer today and it says we're at exactly 90 degrees on the warm side where they are currently snuggled with their horsey stuffed animal lol. So far they appear happy and healthy. Am I missing anything? I don't want to hurt my duckies! :eek:

I must say I'm going to be glad when the heat lamp can be turned off! Packing and running around in a room that is 80+ degrees isn't much fun!

It's ridiculous and since it heats up the whole room their cage gets too warm and I have to shut the light of every once in a while so they don't hit 95!

Back
Top Bottom