I Got My First Egg -- Now Nothing!!

#1California Chick

Songster
11 Years
Dec 5, 2008
SF Bay Area
I was very excited last Friday to get my first egg (I think that it was from my 21 week old Australorpe - who is the largest of my pullets). It was small , but not too small.

Since then, nothing!!!! When will I see another egg?? We opened up the nests, but so far no sign that any of the pullets have gone into them.

I have 8 other pullets that are also 21 weeks old -- RIRs, BO, BR and BA. Nothing from them either!!

I have NO patience!!! (Not after waiting 21 weeks!!!)

Cindy

I agree. This is normal. Having just started laying, it may be sporadic at first. Give them some time for their bodies to adjust to laying.

Quit going up to the coop 15 times a day, and maybe they will lay.
lau.gif
It's hard, I know.
barnie.gif

Quote:
HOW DID YOU KNOW???? LOL

I check the run (where I found my first egg!). I check the coop and I check the nests (from outside the coop).

Well I am going to be pretty busy on Monday and not able to check very often. Maybe that will do the trick!!

So nice to have friends to talk to who UNDERSTAND!!

Cindy

LOL! I love it!!! Me too.. got my first egg yesterday and must of gone out to the coop 10+ times today looking for another.. My 21.5 week old barred rock chicken laid it.. I know it was her.. No egg today.. booo!!! I want another egg too!!!

You aren't alone!!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
So nice to have friends that don't look at me strange!! I kept the back door open all day so that I could hear any "Egg Songs". But nothing today!! I have golf balls in all the nests, but I don't think that there have been "nesters".

Better luck tomorrow!!!

(Of course, when I start getting 9 eggs a day, I will wonder what I was thinking!! LOL).

Cindy

Back
Top Bottom