I HATE SQUIRRELS! AND THEY ARE NOT CUTE!

Groundhogs are common around here and they eat gardens.

The other day one was about 10' away from the garden.
So i sent him a invitation for dinner with my .22 mag.
He's on the stove cooking right now.
cool.png

Last edited:
Roast Ground Hog

1 Large Ground Hog
3 cups bread crumbs
1 onion, chopped fine
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup evaporated milk
4 tbsp bacon fat
1 cup oil

Make a marinade from the oil & lemon juice and marinate overnight (yes, Georgianna, in the fridge)

Mix onion, salt, pepper and bread crumbs to taste (you can substitute Tony's Creole Seasoning for the salt and pepper like I do, if you like)

Remove the groundhog from the marinade, pat dry, stuff cavity with the bread crumb mixture and sew it shut.

Baste with bacon fat or cover with slices of bacon and place in roasting pan at 300 deg. for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, adding water and basting as necessary.

Good with corn bread.

Quote:
Well .. you MUST start a meal like that with Rocky Mountain Oysters .. fer gawds sake!

We had large red squirrels move into our black walnut trees. I thought oh! what cute little neighbors to have.
frow.gif
So I let the kids leave peanuts under the tree from them. We would watch them and think what cute and funny little things.
love.gif

Then one day the little buggers came up to the house and started digging up all the flowers I had just planted..
somad.gif
rant.gif
Now it was war!! So the .22 came out and no more squirrels. I have also taught my dog to get the squirrels, which just ends up with him under the walnut trees barking.

Last edited:
Quote:
Once you start feeding them if not continued they turn evil really quick. Hubby's been putting out scratch grains for the wild birds and the squirrels have been having a field day eating all that stuff, one day the scratch was gone so the evil squirrel got up on the picnic table while giving me the stink eye and took a big dump on it!
They are alot smarter than i thought and always seeking revenge in some way shape or form
hmm.png

I've never had a problem with them, so to me theyre cute and furry little critters. But they do a LOT of damage to people's places.

Get a little sleek female cat for that. The smaller they are the more tenacious they are, they'll take out the craziest things.

One of our cats, she's a she, and tiny, catches flying squirrels all summer. how the HECK does she do that?

Good luck with that!

Back
Top Bottom