i have 2 hens and 1 roo and 4 chicks

Bryce Thomas

Songster
Mar 21, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
So I wanna move the chicks (12-13 week olds i lost count) to the main pen with my 2 hens and 1 roo. I have yet to gender the chicks but Im sure that 1 chick is a roo and am trying to get my hens and roo and all the 4 chicks on flock raiser because calcium issues. If i move the chicks in with the main coop, will my main roo Koa kill the chicks that are cockerels because dominance? I really need help with this, and someone please tell me if its ok to have the 4 chicks on flock raiser (I raise all my silkie chickens as pets, not for food, I want to know if I can raise them on flock raiser FOR LIFE!)

Just provide oystershell with the flock raiser. They'll be fine.

Introduce them with a see/no touch for a week or two. The male may start to fight with male chicks, but at that age they're likely to just leave him be and not make him hostile at them

Just provide oystershell with the flock raiser. They'll be fine.

Introduce them with a see/no touch for a week or two. The male may start to fight with male chicks, but at that age they're likely to just leave him be and not make him hostile at them
Ok. Im really afraid that koa will kill the chicks that are roos. I am ok with introducing and stuff, I hear I get a dog cage with food and water and leave it in a heavily shaded area of the coop for a week then release the chicken in the cage then after some pecking they get along if thats true

Back
Top Bottom