I have a problem do I need dispatch

If you're in the sticks how are you getting all the ingredients for the chick food? If you haven't had issues before it's possible that that you got a low nutrition ingredient that a sporadic egg bomb isn't going to fix. Give them the egg bomb for a few days straight and see if you can source better ingredients for your next batch.

I've had issues with commercial feed the last few months and switched to a local mill with excellent results. Would that be an option for you? Perhaps just for chick starter?

They are suffering from severe nutritional and vitamin deficiency, not mareks.
If you want to make your own feed, this is a great place to research recipes, but what you're feeding now isn't Healthy especially for growing birds.
To continue to feed them this diet will end in stunted growth and death.
A good homemade feed will not be cheaper, and or any better nutritionally speaking, than store feed. On average, a properly balanced homemade feed will cost $3 to $8 a pound, double that for your stipulations of non gmo etc.
If someone says their recipe is cheaper and better than store feed, you can be sure that their recipe isn't a recipe you want.
Poultry feed is one one the most heavily researched agricultural areas on the planet, what you buy at the feed store is formulated to provide all the necessary nutrition, most effectively, price for pound.
A homemade feed can meet nutritional needs but it'll will be quite expensive and not easy to make.
You're going to need swine blood meal/fish meal/byproduct product meal and vitamin mix added to any whole grain mixes.
Yeah I got my recipie on here a guy well known helped me with a spreadsheet and emailed me the calculator to adjust bits too
Everything was met so I’ve no idea how that would happen
As said 2days ago everything was fine
It’s just happened suddenly and looks identicle to a marek video online

They get somuch bits like cheese n curds extra bits I haven’t any idea how they have a deficency ? Or how it just happened so fast like it seems like somthing that should happen over time

If you're in the sticks how are you getting all the ingredients for the chick food? If you haven't had issues before it's possible that that you got a low nutrition ingredient that a sporadic egg bomb isn't going to fix. Give them the egg bomb for a few days straight and see if you can source better ingredients for your next batch.

I've had issues with commercial feed the last few months and switched to a local mill with excellent results. Would that be an option for you? Perhaps just for chick starter?
We have a farm that have micronised peas wheat corn and oats I have already
So we have done the Justin Rhodes recipie tweaked with more fats protine a and amino acids and fresh green every day

They eat spinach and kale regular as we have that this year we have fields to grow our own food the idea was to go off grid and grow everything we need it’s not hard to grow the food chickens eat really
We based the tweaksboff a link on here for animal feed nutrition values

This is not Mareks. Mareks muscle movement is more spastic and erratic looking.

Do you have the nutrient breakdown/ percentages of the feed?

This could also be lack of protein/selenium/vit B.

This is not Mareks. Mareks muscle movement is more spastic and erratic looking.

Do you have the nutrient breakdown/ percentages of the feed?

This could also be lack of protein/selenium/vit B.

She looks like this how is it not mareks ?

I have raised hundreds of giant chickens on this feed my Cornish is 3.4kg at 7months and all his flock are big ladies too
They do get fish and meals of meat weekly eating all scraps and carcasses even had a goose carcas last week

Guy on here did this for me
That’s their basic feed
But are fresh veg scraps and meat supplemented as well as vitamin like poultry spice and herbs yeast flakes which are b vit and em1 microbes etc
Kale spinach etc and anything we get like broccoli greens etc and I add kelp

Attachments

• D8AD7B7F-3E92-4AA5-B720-0B9F8FD4CF23.png
    D8AD7B7F-3E92-4AA5-B720-0B9F8FD4CF23.png
    436.4 KB · Views: 6
The barred rock in the video also had curled toes n dodgey hips at birth couldn’t stand we sorted with b bits and kept on giving for it she cry’s all the time like that u less she has her head bury in another chicken she is a baby calls for them all the time lol besides being floppy they seem really happy she is calling cause I have her sister barred separated just incase

I think its possible they are picking out what they want from the mix and that would explain why they wouldn't be getting proper nutrition even if the mix contained all they need. Commercial feed is processed in such a way they can't do that. Do you have a picture of your feed?
They can’t is a blended mash

Attachments

• F52E88BA-E057-40FA-86BC-ABF357361A43.jpeg
    F52E88BA-E057-40FA-86BC-ABF357361A43.jpeg
    473.5 KB · Views: 6

She looks like this how is it not mareks ?

I have raised hundreds of giant chickens on this feed my Cornish is 3.4kg at 7months and all his flock are big ladies too
They do get fish and meals of meat weekly eating all scraps and carcasses even had a goose carcas last week

Guy on here did this for me
That’s their basic feed
But are fresh veg scraps and meat supplemented as well as vitamin like poultry spice and herbs yeast flakes which are b vit and em1 microbes etc
Kale spinach etc and anything we get like broccoli greens etc and I add kelp

It could be a small part of it, mareks is super common.
The way they are flopping over just looks off to me from what I've seen? Whats the body condition score as well? That form usually paralyzes them when they have stopped getting nutrients as well. Any possibility they got into something that made them sick too?

Back
Top Bottom