I have chickens that lay eggs with no shell.

Sorry I missed the part that you had added oyster shell. May take time for them to regulate and adjust their systems. Good luck!

Last edited:
True Araucana only lay blue eggs. If you are getting a green egg it means they are probably easter eggers, and they can take longer to start laying. It can take some time before their young systems develop into a regular pattern. A normal egg cycle for your barred Rock and your RIR would be about one egg every 24 to 28 hours.

Last edited:
They are a green-blue color. I don't know if they are true Araucana. One has laid a number of double yolkers. I sure hope you are right. I have put a lot of time and money into them. I would like to be able to be able to give away more eggs. But as is I still get enough for us and that is about it.
Thanks so much for your response
Here is a pic from last fall of them.

They are a green-blue color. I don't know if they are true Araucana. One has laid a number of double yolkers. I sure hope you are right. I have put a lot of time and money into them. I would like to be able to be able to give away more eggs. But as is I still get enough for us and that is about it.
Thanks so much for your response
Here is a pic from last fall of them.

There is not an Araucana to be seen in this photo - so your birds that are laying the colorful eggs you are receiving are Easter Eggers.

Thanks!! I have always lived in the city so I am pretty naive about chickens. You guys are a huge help!!
Hey I am a city girl myself , moved to the county over 20 years ago and have gotten my first flock. Have learned alot on BYC and wonder why I did not have my own girls sooner!! Best wishes for lots of eggs and good times with your girls!!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom