I joined the Scrambled-Pocket-Egg Club today

I have put them in a pocket before, but luckily (knock wood) never had one break. My girls lay thick-shelled eggs. I try to always take a container with me when I go outside.

pocket omelette. that's cute.

I've done this when I put eggs in the pocket of my barn coat then apparently bumped up against something. Yikes!
barnie.gif

Today was my first day to join this club...of course, the egg that cracked was a dark olive green one set to be shipped...one less I guess. why couldn't it hve been one of the white legghorn's eggs...lol

I almost joined last week, I had 5 eggs in my barn jacket pockets, add in copius amounts of ice + gravity = me on my back side. All 5 eggs survived, it was my dignity that was shattered. Luckily only the girls saw me go down!

It happened again. DH offered to feed tonight and found a late egg when he went in the coop. He slipped it in his shirt pocket and went to feed the dogs. On the way back in he stopped to chop some more ice from the driveway. He couldn't figure out why his shirt was wet until he put his hand in his pocket. Yuk. Another pocket omelet.
lol.png

Quote:
I've done that too. None broke
big_smile.png

Usually cargo pockets and jacket pockets are fairly safe if you hurry straight inside and put them up quickly. It's getting distracted and forgetting the egg that leads to trouble. I made it to work with some in my cargo pockets once, remembered when I got there though and saved them. I came inside and sat on the couch with hubby with one in my cargo pocket - remembered that one just in time!!

Yup. I mixed up a batch of pocket omelet a few weeks ago, when Memphis was covered in a good six inches of snow.

I gathered up the eggs and put them in my jacket pocket.

Then I went out in the chicken run and -- forgetting I had about five eggs in my pocket -- began shovelling snow.

Because of the wet and sloppy conditions I was working in, I didn't even realize I had mixed up that omelet till I went inside and started stripping off the winter wear.... YUK!

LOL! I almost joined the club for the first time the other day! Glad to know I'm not the only one who's forgotten an egg in a pocket!

During the summer I always brought an egg basket to the coop, but this winter I've been lucky to find an egg or 2 every couple of days. And we've had a warm spell the last couple of weeks; I've been going around in a hooded pullover sweatshirt with a front-pocket most of the time. And this past Saturday I went out to feed/water before I left for work, slipped an egg in the pocket and forgot all about it....got in the car & went down the road.

I work for a hunting dog kennel & have been just spending a few hours every day (weather permitting) just keeping the dogs active thru winter....we've been trudging through snow, following deer trails thru treelines, fence rows, creek beds and corn stubble while I search for shed antlers LOL. It's kind of a "bumpy" activity, if you're an egg in a pocket! I was a quarter-mile into my first hike with my first pair of dogs....stuck my hands in the sweatshirt pocket and said "WOW I forgot an egg- and it's not broken!" Kept my hand cupped around the egg for the rest of the hike....kept rubbing it for good luck hoping maybe it'd help me find a matched set of HUGE shed antlers....but, no such luck!

I suppose I was lucky enough to NOT end up with a pocket omelet as it was. But I think if that egg had given me enough luck to find a massive matched shed pair of antlers I'd run dogs with an egg in my pocket all winter long!!
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom