I joined the Scrambled-Pocket-Egg Club today

rolffamily

Songster
9 Years
Apr 25, 2010
Wisconsin
It finally happened. Had my chickens almost a year before I slipped an egg in my pocket before shoveling a spot out in front of the coop for them to scratch in. Must have bumped my pocket and pulled out goop when I got back into the house.

bound too happen
hu.gif

It's a huge club, for sure. Actually I haven't done it.... yet. (knocks loudly on the wood desk.)

I was so proud today that I made it to the house with an egg in my pocket that was thin-shelled, I think from my hen who has been laying soft shelled eggs, so this was an improvement.

Hi, add me to the member roster! I have broke two in my pocket on different occasions...nope, didn't learn the first time and then once was trying to gather my rubber boots that have fake sheepskin in them while still holding an egg and it broke and went right into my boot. Yuck!! Took forever to wash and dry that boot and it still smells funky to this day!!!

Only my DH is in the club so far. I am sure that I will not remain innocent. If winter would hurry and get out of here, it might not happen until the next coat season.
roll.png

Yup, been there, done that, more than a couple of times. I have finally learned to carry a container of some kind with me, especially since I'm getting about a dozen eggs a day now.

However, today, I forgot my container, so the eggs came indoors in my knit stocking cap -- none broken, though.

Back
Top Bottom