I just started my 1st incubation...

mix3dbreed

Chirping
Sep 17, 2015
Took me 5 days to get all 48 eggs. I wanted from diferent people and diferent places. Thats why it took so long.
Another thing was i wanted to start on a saturday so day21 would also be on a saturday. That means more people around the incubator watching for the hatching.

I will post a few pics and video later. Most are just mixed breeds. But i got a person that has brahm light. So 7 eggs from those kinds.

Lets see how this goes.

First 24hours are done. Here is a small video.
Im taking notes hourly of the temperature and Humidaty.

Not much else one can do right now.

Last edited:
Day two is here. Humidity dropped a bit. Need a bit more water. But ill let is reach 50% then add a bit.
Everything else is good.

Thanks for watching

Last edited:
If I may make a suggestion... I had that same incubator. DO NOT trust the humidity reading without verifying it with another hygrometer. Get another one, test it for accuracy, and put it in the incubator to verify the reading. I would also suggest another thermometer, tested for accuracy too.

Good luck with your hatch!

If I may make a suggestion... I had that same incubator. DO NOT trust the humidity reading without verifying it with another hygrometer. Get another one, test it for accuracy, and put it in the incubator to verify the reading. I would also suggest another thermometer, tested for accuracy too.

Good luck with your hatch!

That was my plan all along. The funny thing is the incubator came before the thermometer. I was hoping for the other way around.

Thermometer arrived today and is inside. There is a small diference. So im not sure which is more reliable. Both are chinese so...

Day 3 video with the new thermometer:

Great! Look up how to verify the accuracy of a thermometer. There are lots of ways, depending on the kind of probe you have.

But another hygrometer to check humidity would be advisable too. My unit was at least 20% off. You could be ok, as long as you monitor air cells, but I think every meter should be checked for accuracy, so adjustments can be made. Looks like you are keeping good notes!

Great! Look up how to verify the accuracy of a thermometer. There are lots of ways, depending on the kind of probe you have.

But another hygrometer to check humidity would be advisable too. My unit was at least 20% off. You could be ok, as long as you monitor air cells, but I think every meter should be checked for accuracy, so adjustments can be made. Looks like you are keeping good notes!
Yes good idea. Im going to try and get another so i can have another read.

The temperature diference is 2 degrees. So even if the correct read is between its still good. Humidity has been gett close on both. So thats great.

Day 5 video here. Almost time for light experiment and see which ones are good and whci arent.

Well day six is here :

And now i have a decison to make. Candling with water or flashlight?

Keep on mind i have 48 eggs to check and that incubator will make noise after i open the lid.

So are there any sugestions? Water or no water? I like the water because we can see the moviment ( if there is one=).
Of course water would need to be warmer but not hot i guess.

All sugestions are welcomed and thanks for watcing my videos.
Cant wait for when they hatch...

Back
Top Bottom