I lost Cotton today 💔

I found Cotton, my Silkie rooster passed this evening. I found him after the fact, one sprawled leg and wing. I'm assuming it was AVL, I had to many roosters anyway, but its still so hard to loose them. 😭
He was the sweetest. I'd call him assertive, never aggressive, but he really thought he was the bigger man. He'd do the mating dance around me and cluck if I crouched down the the ground. 💗 When he was young he liked to bite my toes, never flogged me, but he would have had I not put him in his place. As overly confident as he was, he tried to sleep under the broody hen the other night. As big, strong, and assertive as he acts, he's just a sweetie on the inside. 😌
He was so great with his hens. If I picked them up and they squealed, he would run over and make sure they were okay. He didn't mind being pet or picked up, he was't one for snuggles but was the only chicken I've ever had that would put up with some sort of attention. My first and only Silkie. A rescue from TSC when I hatched a lone chick, him and his siblings were so good with her, Cotton was such an adorable chick, that fluffy face. 💗
In his last week, he would be the only chicken scavenging out in the middle of the yard. No protection, no cover, just out in the open. Thats were the best stuff is, but he was the only one brave enough to forage there during free range time.
I will never forget him, his antics, I think he had little bird syndrome hahaha! He's tiny but he acted just as big as the standards. I sure will miss my choir of crows in the morning, he would always lead with the lowest crow, then Jay the bantam Cochin, then Birdie, my Serama boy. I will never forget you Cotton, I'm so sorry you had to pass this way, I will love you forever and always.
Poor Cotton he sounded like the best roo sorry he didn't make it its always hard to lose a pet.

I know I'm a bit late, but I'm so sorry for your loss.

May Cotton rest in peace, he sounded like such an amazing rooster.

I also pray for comfort and peace for you.

:hugsfor Cotton
:hugs for you.

Poor Cotton he sounded like the best roo sorry he didn't make it its always hard to lose a pet.
Thank you, I just wish I would have gone to check on them, been able to do anything, wether it was for me or for him on his last day. I'll be alright, its not my fault, there was nothing I could do, its just hard.
I appreciate everyones support and condolences, I don't know what I would do without this forum. Thank you so much everyone. ❤️

I know I'm a bit late, but I'm so sorry for your loss.

May Cotton rest in peace, he sounded like such an amazing rooster.

I also pray for comfort and peace for you.

:hugsfor Cotton
:hugs for you.
Thank you, he was a quirky one for sure. My first Silkie, definitely wont be my last. ❤️
Thank you for all of the support, I appreciate it. Its hard, but it will get better. Time heals every wound. Hopefully for Cotton as well were he is now.
I buried him this afternoon, it took me a bit to get up the courage. I told him to say hello to Smudge, Rusty, PB, and Early bird for me. 😌 All whom I've lost this last year.
We had an amazing, beautiful bright full moon tonight, I'd like to think that was him. Thanks Cotton. 💗

Back
Top Bottom