I Might Get 2 Pigs!!!!

roostersandhens

Flap Your Wings!
7 Years
Jan 9, 2013
Saving Battery Hens at Happy Hen Chicken Rescue in
My Coop
My Coop
I may be getting 2 pigs on Friday. They will be 50 pound meat pigs that would have been raised for slaughter. I am trying to rescue 2. They are just piglets right now. I will just be raising them as pets. So I won't be feeding them the fast-growth meat pig food or anything. They will be given fresh, yummy produce! I need to know however, if a 50 pound pig needs to be bottle fed? If so what type of milk? Any additional advice on pigs is most appreciated!
Thanks!

"meat pigs" can encompass a wide range of breeds - the growth rates, etc of each can vary a big - do you now what breed(s) the pigs are? If you have seen them knowing what color(s), level of hair cover, etc can help narrow down breeds if you aren't sure.

Last edited:
I haven't seen them. I will be getting them Friday, and I won't see them until I get them. They are coming from a factory farm type of place. This is a picture of a pig I found on their website:
50a26c25d4f93.image.jpg

And this is another pic:
nursing2.jpg

And another:
swine04.jpg

You will probably be receiving some sort of cross, however you may get a purebred yorkshire or landrace, as they are common factory pigs.

Back
Top Bottom