I need advice on cleaning pet urine.

nikolo

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
My cat is getting old and senile. She doesn’t quite make to the litter box all the time. I had the litter box in my closet – my carpeted closet. And now the smell from the carpet is permeating into my clothes. It’s gross! I moved the litter box and cleaned the carpet with a household carpet cleaner but it didn’t really help. I really need a cat urine odor remover. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Favorite Quote:

“The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.” -- Frank Lloyd Wright

*edited to remove link*

From the rulz:
Sometimes it may be appropriate to link to another site that has specific information relative to a question, but moderators have to right to remove links and posts at their discretion.​

Last edited by a moderator:
We have had problems with male cats spraying in the house. Went to Wal-Mart and got a bottle of Odoban. It helps alot you do have to spray it a couple of times but it does work. I have an older cat that likes to use the bath mats to pee on so when I wash them I add half of cup to the wash. So I hope this helps.

Vinager will also help remove the oder and is a deterant for the cat to go there again (for those who's cat it's not a health/age issue).

I found a product called Urine B Gone at my local dollar store. I think it worked wonders for pet urine and also for kid urine. I originally bought it because my daughter was potty trainning and had a couple of accidents in her sisters bed. It worked wonders on the matteress.

Nature's Miracle, though expensive, really works. Another alternative is vinegar. You can purchase a blacklight bulb, put it into a lamp fixture and any urine with fluoresce if the room is completely dark. That will help you to completely clean up any stains. If there is the tiniest bit of urine somewhere, the cat will probably be drawn to it.

Do not use ammonia! :0 It smells like urine to another animal and the animal is more likely to urinate there.

Another idea might be to put a litter box in each room in case your cat can't make it to the regular litter box in time.

Good luck!

Suzy

nikolo,
Also, please get your cat checked out by a vet, if you haven't already. Could be a medical condition that can be treated. Had an old cat several years ago that was declining (internal organs were failing). She couldn't make it from the bedroom, at night, to the catbox. Made it to the bathmats though.
For the last few months I lived with washing bathmats daily.
Good Luck,
Imp

Does anyone else suspect this post, with the link to a product site embedded as a question, as a first post?
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom