I need help naming my new chicks.

the.whole.crew

Chirping
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
We ordered 5 6-week-old pullets from My Pet Chicken, and they will be shipping on April 17th. We’re getting one lavender Orpington, one blue laced red Wyandotte, one Swedish flower hen, and two olive Eggers.

So far, I think the Orpington will be Willow, and the olive Eggers possibly Cricket and Clover. I’m open to any opinions on the names I came up with and suggestions for any of the chicks.

I’d also appreciate tips for taming older chicks, as the oldest we’ve raised from was 10 days old.

Thank you!

Twilight might be a good name.
Training older chicks, hang out with them, give them treats, and holding them on your lap until they get comfortable, then let go still petting them gently so they decide if they want to get down or not, so that they don't think you are always going to hold them against their will. Sometimes it just depends on the personality of the chicken.

I don't know if you're a fan of themes, but my flock has been overtaken by Narnia-inspired names! My two roos are named Edmund and Caspian, and my Delaware is Lucy.

Just a thought. :) Themes are fun sometimes.
--- CiscoChickens

Naming chicks is one of my favorite things!

I love your choice with Willow!!

I'd name the blue laced red wyandotte Chantilly (for the lace) and the Swedish flower hen Linnea (for the Swedish national flower!) - and because I think they're really pretty names that match with those you've already picked.

Have fun with your new chickies and picking their names....I didn't know mine until I met them.

Twilight might be a good name.
Training older chicks, hang out with them, give them treats, and holding them on your lap until they get comfortable, then let go still petting them gently so they decide if they want to get down or not, so that they don't think you are always going to hold them against their will. Sometimes it just depends on the personality of the chicken.
Thank you for the advice! I’ll be sure to spend a lot of time with them. I bet the others will get jealous.

Back
Top Bottom