I need help someone please help me

So as I had posted I have a sick chick well he was fine and dandy when I checked him today at 5:30 AM but around 6 before I left he was very tired looking closing his eyes while standing and he stretches his neck up and opens his beak to seemingly take a breath he was eating fine but when I felt his gizzard it was empty I don't know why I have him alone but close to the other I don't wanna cause and outbreak amongst the healthy one ,but I have another problem one of the chicks gizzards always remains full is that normal is that bad he keeps eating but I fear it may rupture anybody got ideas?

Thank you for your help I am gonna try feeding the sick one with a syringe to administrate the food with water,the other one just really freaks me out his gizzard is like about to pop,every time I buy an animal I'm the pet shop the seem to be sick I'm no vetenarian but I have methods but I just feel so bad they they're sick

You had people asking questions on your other thread that went unanswered, so will try one more time
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/help-my-chick-is-sick-im-worried-someone-help.1276131/

How old are the chicks?
What are you feeding them?
How are they housed?
PHOTOS will be very helpful - chicks, housing and poop.

You need to be very careful if you are going attempt to syringe fluids into a chick, they can aspirate. Better to drip water beside the beak and allow the chick to take it in.

The one with the crop issue - a photo of it would help. Is this chick pooping? What is it eating? Do you provide a source of grit?

Again, the more information you can provide the better.

Alright then I'll try because for sure one must have impacted crop the other chick beak doesn't stink maybe he just hasn't eaten so I provided food the other chick with impacted crop I'll try the bread with oil all I have is vegetable oil is that good? The pictures I posted I believe it's the sick chick the other one with impacted crop looks just alike except it has a yellower beak and comb

Attachments

• received_346002319469853.jpeg
    received_346002319469853.jpeg
    24.9 KB · Views: 9
  • received_346002319469853.jpeg
    received_346002319469853.jpeg
    24.9 KB · Views: 9
Alright then I'll try because for sure one must have impacted crop the other chick beak doesn't stink maybe he just hasn't eaten so I provided food the other chick with impacted crop I'll try the bread with oil all I have is vegetable oil is that good?
Wait!
Don't give bread and oil until you have better photos of the chicks in question.
They need grit in order to process anything besides chick starter.

Chicks will have food in their crop if they have been eating. If this chick has a full crop and is not acting off, then wait to see if the crop goes down.

It eats normally but the crop only goes down the slightest bit ,I don't have grit I don't even think they sell that where I live I have them broken corn with chick food and that's it

I thought your were talking about grown chickens not babies. Dont take any of my advice. That's is all for adult birds
Alright but thank you anyway it was helpful info because I also have a rescue chicken and if it ever happens i know what to do

Attachments

• received_171975587014696.jpeg
    received_171975587014696.jpeg
    14.2 KB · Views: 7
It eats normally but the crop only goes down the slightest bit ,I don't have grit I don't even think they sell that where I live I have them broken corn with chick food and that's it
Don't mix corn with chick feed if they don't have grit.
Provide them with a wet mash of chick feed.

The other that you posted on the other thread - what does it look like?
What's the poop like?

Back
Top Bottom