I really need help, I'm new to this and the goose egg is chirping, what do I do?

I just checked the egg and he/she has cracked the bottom of the egg instead of the top, should I put it the right way up to make it easier to get out? If I leave it the way it is now it will be hard to push.
is the egg laying on it side? are you saying it has pipped the narrow end?

Not worrying is one of the hardest things to not do when eggs are hatching. The last stretch is one of the hardest for hatching babies. I really hope he can make it out and I do not want to add to your anxiety, but prepare yourself for the possible worst just in case. :hugs. I have learned through experience that fretting over the incubator will only drive you crazy! If he does make it out, leave him in there for the next day or so, until he dries off. Then move him to a brooder. A large bin will work with a heat lamp. You can get the lamp itself from Walmart in the tools area for less then ones marketed at brooders. Same exact thing. I use 75 Watt bulbs myself. You will need a waterer and waterfowl feed.

The fat end is the top and where the baby is suppose to be. Which end are you referring to?
I'm thinking she is staring at the bator.
hmm.png

I'm thinking she is staring at the bator. :/

I kind of suspect as much to. LOL.

Emilymc - Calm down and hands off! Even if the egg is pipped on the wrong side, he's got air access. There is NOTHING you can do right now but wait. He has to finish absorbing those veins and the yolk. It could take DAYS. HELPING TOO SOON WILL BE FATAL. Also you risk shrink wrapping the gosling every time you open the bator.

Back
Top Bottom