I see SPOTS!

Call ducklings

They're SO CUTE!
love.gif

Omg, they're too cute!!! ^-^

I have my first batch from my current ducks due to hatch next week. Can't wait to see what they'll look like! Mom is a Cayuga and dad is a Rouen. I hope they don't all come out looking like Rouens...lol! How boring would that be? ;)

It sounds like shes a blue with heavy rusting. Tri color isn't a color for call ducks. Rusting is a type of bleed through on blues. Heres one of mine with slight rusting as an example.
White can cover other colors so it really depends on your white's background. But I've found that by crossing whites with ancona patterned or pied, you do get a percentage of pied offspring.

It sounds like shes a blue with heavy rusting. Tri color isn't a color for call ducks. Rusting is a type of bleed through on blues. Heres one of mine with slight rusting as an example.
White can cover other colors so it really depends on your white's background. But I've found that by crossing whites with ancona patterned or pied, you do get a percentage of pied offspring.

Thanks for the info! I didn't know that was a thing with blues, but she's got it bad, then. I still think she's awful cute. <3

The story with Wobbles is, he comes from Art Lundgren's line, but Art himself admits he let a snowy get in there somewhere and he's been trying to breed out single black feathers ever since. Wobbles had one on his head, but since his last molt I haven't seen it reappear. So I'm still unsure what their babies would look like...well, other than adorable.

Do you have an updated picture of your blue? :)

Boy, do I! Well...it's a video, she's terrified of the camera. But still. You can see her face and chest are full of pretty caramel red! Well, I think it's pretty, anyway <3

0.jpg

Quote: She's got a heck of a lot of it, then. Does it increase or decrease with age, or is it pretty much constant? And yes, she's a gorgeous deep blue, like cobalt! I love your little light blues, and it even looks like you have one lilac duckling!

Back
Top Bottom