I strongly dislike my chicken.

It’s so awesome to hear everyone else’s funny experiences! Glad we can all laugh together! Pets are a blessing - most of the time ;)

Mine wait until I'm under that one 1.5 ft long section of the upper roost that goes all the way down to the ground- in front of the nest boxes. I go to collect eggs, and months and months - never got hit. Last week every single night, sometimes twice, direct hit. Leg. Back. Arm. So far no down the shirt or direct shots to the hair. But my littles like to step in the worst possible pile of poo before jumping on me, then they get tangled in my hair because they love climbing up my shirt to play under my hair.

My Littles climb all over me, as if I’m some fancy perch. My 6 year old Barred Rock will still fly onto my back (when I’m leaning over) and proceed to scratch at me as if doing so will unearth a plethora of delicious treats. This is why I have special chicken coop clothes I only wear when venturing into chicken territory. Fortunately, I have yet to experience them pooping in my hair (in my lap, yes)... :th

I got the nasty fermented poopoo in my hair once. Not directly from a chickens actions but from being hot and sweaty and doing work inside of a coop. I went to wipe away sweat habitually after unknowingly putting my hand in the stinkiest of poos... I went into shower because the odor was so horrible. Normally getting poo on me meant not worrying about it until my work was finished but this type of poo stinks way too much. I keep Goof off at my shower for when I touch Poison Ivy. Long story about how that works but I thought I would use that on my hair where I got the nasty poo and it did the trick, the Odor was gone. I know from touching this poo previous times that soap will not get rid of the smell but Goof Off did. It also breaks down poison Ivy and with a Green abrasive scrubber will prevent the Poison Ivy oils from staying on your skin and causing a rash. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D7J9VEC/?tag=backy-20

Note: Might not be healthy for your hair, being a guy I don't care but ladies with perms or what ever it is you do with your hair these days... this could cause problems.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom