I think Ideal Poultry sold me tons of roosters and I paid for all pullets

I have raised chickens for decades. There are lots of MALES--maybe half or more but only time will tell that. IT is very evident when they are compared to the ones without these large combs. Having said that, Ideal said all that they will do (once they are 4 months of age) is refund the difference between the price of a female and male so they might give me $1.00 per chicken if I'm lucky. I find that very sad since I have to raise these and feed them just to give them away. The feed that I will have in them is way more than $1.00. They said that they will not replace them so now I get the joy of reordering pullets to start over with raising and hope that I do not get straight run again. I will post a copy of their email to me on here shortly verifying what I just wrote.

Well that's rather sucky and greedy of them. MyPetChicken refunded the entire price or sent new pullets at no charge. It would pay to learn the policy for sexing errors before one orders from a hatchery.

Even then, sexing errors, even if you are refunded the money, is a major headache when you're stuck with unwanted cockerels. I finally decided to hang up the game of gender roulette and only buy auto-sex or sex-link breeds. I just hate that period of uncertainty and dread between getting new chicks and finding out if they are the sex I had counted on.

Ideal said all that they will do (once they are 4 months of age) is refund the difference between the price of a female and male so they might give me $1.00 per chicken if I'm lucky.
What a way to deal with their own mistakes and treat customers!!

You will not only have wasted 10-12 weeks of your time cleaning (cost of bedding etc.) warming (electric bill!) and feeding male birds you did not order nor pay for, but also wasted your own life time in doing so.

I have to wonder if they have someone not doing a good job at the chicken sexing on staff. I ordered last month as well, my order was 9 females, and got 2 males. And one chick died within 48hrs (but it came out of the box looking fine and I'm not cross about it).

Yeah and the policy is that they only refund you for the difference in price (so like, 50 cents) and only if you ordered 25 or more.

Back
Top Bottom