I think my rooster has a broken jaw???

krazikate

Hatching
7 Years
Feb 9, 2012
Atco
Hey im new to this site it stinks my first thread is a sad one , I have 2 roosters and they just came out of no where and lived here about a month ago well something happened to the one and it looks like maybe the nieghbors might have hit him in the head with something because he cant really close his beak all the way and theres blood on the right side of his face and he didnt come out to eat today. I didnt know if it would heal on its own or if i needed to do anything? i went out to try to feed him and he wasnt acting like his normal self he did however eat some of the food i brought to him but not alot and he wouldnt drink the water. I took the fact that he ate a lil bit as a good sign tho?? hopefully?? could someone tell me if maybe he'll heal on his own ???

Hello and welcome! I'm sorry about your rooster getting hurt.....If he ate a little bit, did you see if his beak opened and closed? It would almost have to if he ate.......

I would just make sure you put out some water and food for him and maybe he'll heal on his own....Or you could try and catch him and put him in a cage so that he can just rest and eat and recover.....So hard to tell if his injury is permanent or not....

Sharon

yea he ate a little bit this morning and i put water and food where hes been hanging out for him i guess ill just keep an eye on him and make sure he stays eating and drinking and doesnt look any less healthy thanks so much for answering !!

that's great!! Just keep an eye on him....
BTW,
welcome-byc.gif

If I found out that my neighbor hit my rooster in the head with something, better believe that neighbor will be getting hit in the head with something as well!!

Back
Top Bottom