I want to buy some quail

titika

Chirping
6 Years
Dec 21, 2013
I live in Post Falls, ID and i am looking for some quail. I already have some coturnix and am looking for other kinds of quail now.

If you have an incubator you can get hatching eggs online. Make sure the people you order from know how to ship eggs in the winter though. I had a bad experience with frozen eggs once!

I check craigslist regularly and haven't had much luck. I did pick up about 40 from a guy who had them crammed into tiny cages. 2ft x 3ft cages and had 15 per cage. Some have eyes sealed shut and a few with damaged legs.

Hatching eggs is a hassle and i didn't have much luck the last time i ordered eggs. I think i will check with local feed stores and see if they will have quail chicks

Hey Titika, other than Brittany and I, i dont know of a whole lot of people who have coturnix. There are people who sell eating eggs on craigslist, might try them? But other than that the closest person I know is in Missoula

I don't mind paying for shipping if it's fairly local but some of the shipping charges from other states is a bit more then I want to spend

I believe the guy from montana is coming over here in later spring, he will be stopping by my place to check up on the birds he gave me and he will pick up some coturnix as well, When it gets closer to that time I can give you his contact info so you can ask him to bring some birds over

That would be cool. Does he just have coturnix or does he have other breeds of quail too?

Back
Top Bottom