Mar 5, 2020
I've had chickens before, once one of my hens went broody and we gave her at least 24 fertile eggs, (12 at a time), and none hatched. :( So I am looking to hatch eggs, because it's always been my dream. I am looking for quail or chicken eggs, or maybe another small bird that's available. But I don't have my hens anymore, so I'll have to look at incubators online. I'm not looking for a ton, maybe around 6-12 eggs? I don't need many, and I know it isn't likely for them all to hatch. Anyone got quail or chick eggs?? If it's a chicken, it has to be a bantam because I am a small boy and full size are hard to holdddd. I just want a friend.

I've had chickens before, once one of my hens went broody and we gave her at least 24 fertile eggs, (12 at a time), and none hatched. :( So I am looking to hatch eggs, because it's always been my dream. I am looking for quail or chicken eggs, or maybe another small bird that's available. But I don't have my hens anymore, so I'll have to look at incubators online. I'm not looking for a ton, maybe around 6-12 eggs? I don't need many, and I know it isn't likely for them all to hatch. Anyone got quail or chick eggs?? If it's a chicken, it has to be a bantam because I am a small boy and full size are hard to holdddd. I just want a friend.
On a google search box (with your parents) type in, "7 egg incubator for sale" What you will immediately see is what I am using to hatch eggs. Prices are low (15-20) and the INTELLIGENT model keeps just the right temperature. This is not a "kids toy" piece of junk. I'm 66 and this little incubator works better than the big models I've tried in the past. For eggs look at Ebay (with your parents). Quail are OK but I recommend you go for bantam eggs. Bantams make better pets. My personal favorites are serama, but don't get those as they are touchy and hard to hatch. You might want to look at bantam pictures online of different bantam breeds. Silkies and bantam cochins are both good choices. You should be able to get a dozen eggs for around $10. Below are a couple of my bantam friends that live in the kitchen.

aaaaapair.jpg

These are serama. The rooster, Pablo, sits on my knee when I have my morning coffee. There's 6 chicks under the hen and, or, rooster.

aaapabonknee.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom