I want to see pics. of serama chicken coops!

Good for you!!!

I have 15 Seramas right now.

The adults are in with my Gold Laced Wyandotte Bantams & Buff Orpington LF in a 12' x 20' enclosure.

Not sure how to post pics here as I'm new on this message board. But it's just the same as a regular coop with roosts. I just have added a heat lamp.

Seramas can get miserable when it gets below 45* outside.

I have their lamps on 24/7 right now as in the Pac. NW it's damp and cold and they will go inside when it's miserable out...like right now. LOL

That is awesome about your Seramas! Would love to see pics of them!!! I just love them because they come in like 2500 different colors or patterns!
smile.png

Debs
Just1More Min Pins

OOPS! My bad!!! UGH!

I read that wrong....your thinking of getting Seramas! Sorry about that!

You would love them...they are so tame. My little ones that I have now run to you and will sit on your hand while eating white bread! LOL

Super tame and mellow. Excellent temperments too!
smile.png

Debs
Just1More Min Pins

I made one of mine out of wire shelving units that we had in storage and extra wood from building my huge chicken tractor. Ill get pics soon, Im headed to Columbus tomorrow....
Seramas are the greatest. We call them our "Pocket Chickens" because they are so small and tame.

Here's mine just before it was finished. 2'H X 4'W X 8'L. I have my Serama pair on one side and Japanese Bantams will be on the other. I put a black cloth divider down the center and it opens up in the back to check for eggs. Also there is a ramp to the little coop area.
20124_coop_and_seramas_003.jpg

Last edited:
wow those are some nice coops! Im in the proccess of making mine, It has a 3 foot wide by 4 foot long run, and the run is 2 foot high, and the house is 3 foot wide, by 18 inches deep and its 2 foot high and slants down to 15 inches. Does that sound good for a pair or trio.?Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom