IA here

Hi,
Before we moved to Iowa in 09 we lived in Colorado for four years but we are originally from florida! I am lucky and all I have left at home is 1 teenage son
smile.png
My other 3 are grown. Just ordered Delawares and are expecting them next week!!!! I am excited to meet everyone.

Ahh cool - we lived in Fort Collins for nearly 5 years in the early 90's. I too only have one child left at home - she will be a senior this fall. I might have one moving back though. He lost his job and can't seem to find another one. Personally I think he is being picky.

Fort collins is nice! As a teenager I lived in Arvada, Colorado. Iowa is beautiful but very extreme in it's weather
sad.png
Whew it's HOT!!!!!! Poor chickens, if I didn't own bird dogs I would probably bring them in the house in crates!

Hey are you getting hatchery delewares or heritage ones?

I grew up in Iowa so the weather doesn't surprise nor phase me. Do I like it? NOPE. Do I like mosquitoes DEFINITELY NOT!
My brother is coming back to Iowa August 1st for a visit. He moved away when he was 18 (Navy career ) and is now 44. He was going to put new windows in for my mom, thought about it for awhile and then remembered the crazy heat of August and instead opted to pay someone else to do it for her. What a weenie
tongue.png

I just sold off two more muscovy drakes for someones dinner
hmm.png
Word is getting around the Asian community up here and I am down to two drakes for sale. They told me they would be back for more later - the eggs in my bator won't be hatching and growing fast enough... I need an acerage.

We have the money for the right acreage if it comes along. There is 10 acres just down the street from my mom that went up for auction last fall. We really like it but at the auction they wanted a minimum bid and we just weren't happy with what they wanted at the time. Decided to let them sit on it for awhile and see if they change their mind
smile.png

Ok pbjmaker!
The whole conversation about acreage near your mom makes me believe that I bought muscovies off of you! I am right now trying to sell a couple of male muscovies also! Do you have a larger dog with allergies?

I bought four from you! I ended up with three drakes and only one female. But at least I have one female
smile.png
I bought four more off of harleyjo and it is looking like I got 1/2 and 1/2 so I am happy. Unless they are teasing me and they all end up drakes:p

Back
Top Bottom