IA here

Quote:
Sure that would be awesome - If only I could find where she is now hiding her stash of eggs. I knew she would move once I discovered it. I guess just wait for the nasty smell of exploded overheated rotten eggs.

Hmmm Nat King Cole huh?

So your wife isn't paid like a "normal" teacher, salaried year round? In the Big City a majority portion of preschool teachers work for the school district so they get a year round salary.

I have never had the high honor and distinct pleasure of finding a stash of eggs by way of nose!
Lora works for upper Des Moines not the school district. yes, Nat King Cole. Mood music. OH... unless you play the accordian!

Quote:
I haven't either. Right now it would be impossible to distinguish from the appealing smell of our "over-moistened" compost heap.

Wonder if I can add DE to it to help...

Quote:
Yep, I know right where you are. I picked these chicks up from you in March!
53430_3-18-10_baby_chicks_002.jpg

I actually live near Luzerne but I work in CR. You were right about BYC - it is VERY addictive!

Last edited:
Sigh my baby Princess roosted in the coop all by her self last night - she has forsaken me
hit.gif

ETA: I still have two RIR chicks that follow me everywhere so I am not totally alone...

Last edited:
does anyone here in iowa know of anyone who has bantam cochins. my 4yo daughters pet chickens died today from a rooster (who is now resting the the fridge) and she is out of town with my parents for the week. Dora was her baby she would follow her around everywhere sit in her bike baskets and go for rides, have tea partys with her in the play house. i am just so broken hearted. i am not looking to replace dora but to give her a new friend to help her heal. since she is away we have all agreed not to ruin her trip and will wait until she get back to tell her so i would love to find another cochin to be here when she got home to help her heal. needs to be a bantam as my child has medical issues and is small for her age and cant pick up a large bird.

ah i know i am rambling but we are just so saddened by all of this. we are in the ames area but willing to drive. we got dora this fall from a call duck show her breeder was from WI but was getting out of cochins.

thanks for listening to me ramble

LeAnn

I know of a guy in the Humbolt area that raises blue bantam cochins and am pretty sure he might have some. If you're interested, I will try to email him to check for sure, and ask if I can pass on his email addy to you.

Quote:
Sorry about your loss! I remembered a posting on Craigslist in May. Someone in Waverly had a bunch of chicks for sale including bantam frizzle cochins. Not quite the same, but maybe a little different isn't a bad thing? I looked it up and the number is 319-269-9702.

Back
Top Bottom