Ideal Hatchery review

I have 8 colors black, white, blue, buff, self blue, red? and I think the chipmunk looking ones are partridge 3 are gray and 2 are brown. I start mine on paper towels and put the chick starter on that at first. I put Save A chick in lukewarm water and dip every chicks beak in the water as soon as I take them out of their box. They are in a plastic tub with the heat lamp on top of the hardware cloth. I am only using a 75 watt reptile bulb because the weather has been so warm. Mine are on non medicated Southern States starter but medicated is OK. I had been expecting goslings so I got non medicated. I hope they all arrive safe.

I have 8 colors black, white, blue, buff, self blue, red? and I think the chipmunk looking ones are partridge 3 are gray and 2 are brown. I start mine on paper towels and put the chick starter on that at first. I put Save A chick in lukewarm water and dip every chicks beak in the water as soon as I take them out of their box. They are in a plastic tub with the heat lamp on top of the hardware cloth. I am only using a 75 watt reptile bulb because the weather has been so warm. Mine are on non medicated Southern States starter but medicated is OK. I had been expecting goslings so I got non medicated. I hope they all arrive safe.

Oh ok thanks! i have a brooder setup with a 200 watt lamp about 2 feet away from the bottom, i tested it with a thermometer, perfect temp! Anyway i have some sugar which a lot of people said to put in their water when they arrive and i also put paper towels in the bottom, mine is rabbit cage with wire at the bottom so i made sure to have a nice stable floor for their first week. How long did it take your chicks to arrive?
Thanks!

They arrived in 2 days. The Silkies shipped on Tuesday and arrived Thursday. The others were ordered Werdnesday 6/25 shipped the same day and arrived Friday.

They arrived in 2 days. The Silkies shipped on Tuesday and arrived Thursday. The others were ordered Werdnesday 6/25 shipped the same day and arrived Friday.

They told me tonight that they shipped them today so could i expect them wednesday or Thursday??

Mine always take 2 days and birds are usually sent priority 2 day. My ducklings took 2 days from CA. Unless you got express mail or you are close to the hatchery they should arrive Thursday.

Oh ok they put mine on express mail so just to be safe i am going to be prepped and ready to go tomorrow!
Thanks!

Ive had good and bad experience with ideal.. I ordered silkies and polish. The silkies were great but about a month later i noticed my polish was having trouble eating and walking and now being almost 8 months old, she cant eat (she has scissor beak) or walk. I dont mean to put a damper on things haha im sure yours will be wonderful and healthy, i just received a bad batch.

I've ordered several hundred chicks from Ideal this year - in fact I have 100 that shipped out today and should be here Thursday morning. Only once did I have a problem with a shipment, and that was the post office's fault, not Ideals, and Ideal even reshipped replacements.

Most of mine are all too young to tell you about the quality, but they are healthy!

Ive had good and bad experience with ideal.. I ordered silkies and polish. The silkies were great but about a month later i noticed my polish was having trouble eating and walking and now being almost 8 months old, she cant eat (she has scissor beak) or walk. I dont mean to put a damper on things haha im sure yours will be wonderful and healthy, i just received a bad batch.

Oh you are fine! I am sorry about your polish
hugs.gif
I am just praying now because to me hatchery chicks are a 50/50 some will be healthy and fine or for some people they will get bad chicks that will be sick and dying! Wish me some luck!

I was looking back on the email and they sent the email 3 times!
lol.png
Will they call or email me when the chicks get here??
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom