Ideal Poultry

Creme Soda34, Self blue silkies are hard to hatch for some reason don't know why, I have them myself and have problems along with others i have talked to that have lavender silkies(self Blue) but they sure are pretty when they are grown

I had planned to order from Ideal this year. Great prices and they seem to have great Customer Service. I found out that a friend of mine had been ordering from Cackle though and has never had one issue with them in 20 years. So I went with Cackle Hatchery. I might still order some red silkies from Ideal, and a Decuccle or two. :p

I just got my order from Ideal today! All 26 alive. I have another order coming from them in April too. A few chicks from my order could not be sent this week. They are sending them to me next week. They are real nice and let me know about the delay.

I just placed an order with Ideal last night and got my ship date in my email this morning. I should be expecting 8 silkies to be shipped Feb 29th :) I hope I get packing peanut too. I also order 17 from meyer but they didnt have the silkies available. Those are to be shipped Feb 28th. I can't wait.

you will get lots of peanuts, I am a little sad to find that the (self blue) lav silkie is missing one 5th toe and the buff silkie is missing both 5th toes. but Ideal does state that they do not say these are show quality which we don't show, well my daughter does in 4H but she is very happy for the polish mix up and the other silkies she can show. They usually put in enough peanuts to make 25 total as I have found with both my orders. I am certain I got buff orphs for peanuts this time.Everyone is eating and drinking and last time the ones we lost didn't want to eat just drank alot. Oh, the hatch date on the invoice says they hatched on valentines day ,That is just so cute and will never forget the day they were born.

I just placed an order with Ideal last night and got my ship date in my email this morning. I should be expecting 8 silkies to be shipped Feb 29th :) I hope I get packing peanut too. I also order 17 from meyer but they didnt have the silkies available. Those are to be shipped Feb 28th. I can't wait.

I have 25 silkies from Ideal shipping out the same day!!

I ORDERD LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
celebrate.gif
they are coming on the 23-24 of this month.

NOW I DEMAND YOU GUYS POST PICS TO GIVE ME STRENGTH THROUGH THIS LONG AND TERRIBLE WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am right there with you! Mine will be here next week (actually I called and told them I would come pick them up!) and am so excited. I ordered such a motley crew of birds and so very few of a bunch of everything, I hope there won't be any losses. I really hope the top hat chickens make it - they are for my 12 yr old daughter and she is almost IMPOSSIBLE to live with at this point because she is so hyper and wired waiting for the pickup day. BLAH! LOL! My husband just stands back out of the way and looks at all of these chicken crazy females in his house and just shakes his head..
hu.gif
.haha!

One of my packing peanuts has taken a shine to me. Now how am I supposed to get rid of him?!!

LOL!!!! I wonder if I will have any in my order since I arranged to pick them up personally...hmmm....well, I am impressed by how well everyone can tell their chicks apart. I guesst I will count and see how many chickens I get and if there is more than what I ordered, I know I will have peanuts in the box. IF I do have extra, I guess I will no doubt become a chicken expert trying to figure out what is what. I was planning on just growing up the extra 'roos' and putting them in my freezer, so I won't be trying to find home for any of the chicks and accidentally giving my 'good' chicks away (b/c of my inability to tell them apart) so luck will be on my side. What a fun mess to be in
tongue.png
!

I had ordered silkies, polish and one cohin so I knew what mine would look like and The packing peanuts I went to the site and went through all the breeds pictures of the chicks and compaired what the peanuts look like and narrowed it down. Took a while and I'm pretty sure I finally got them figured out.
caf.gif
All chicks are still doing good so far.

Creamsoda when ordering silkkies from ideal they are nice for in the yard and still cute, but will end up with some missing toes, and not very big head poofs, and wrong crests, but they are hatched in such massive quantity, that they are not bred for quality but quantity!

Back
Top Bottom