If neighbor poisoned our birds, what can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
This guy is a scumbag for poisoning your livestock, cut and dried!!!

But I knew there was more to the story. I'm sorry you are going through this, but you might take this opportunity to take an objective look at your "farm" and how it might impact your neighbors. Maybe the trespassing with the arrows was the final straw.

I hope the DA has the guts to press charges on this one for you.

Jim

This is just sickening - that people(poison animals) and never are concerned with the fallout and the "trickle down," effect .

Quote:
Has the neighbor previously had millet there or is this a new thing? If it is a new occurrence that is luring, the same as offering a small child candy if they would just help you find your lost puppy. It would also fall under the category of baiting since we are talking animals here. It would depend upon the laws in your state and community but here it is just as illegal as tossing food over the fence.

go take a picture of the millet now.. BAITING is illegal... he is enticing the birds to go thru the fence. thats no different than throwing a hotdog with anti freeze in to dogs in your yard.. go get him

he.gif

Just read this whole thread. Wow. I really feel for you and it sounds like this guy is in some deep doo doo. I don't get how people like that think.

Keep us posted.

Heidi

Just read through all these posts. So sad. What's even worse is that there can never be a true "win" in this situation. Even if neighbor gets the book thrown at him.....he is still a neighbor unless FreezeFamilyFarm decides to move or the mean neighbor does. I know what it's like to live next door to someone when the relationship has soured. It is an awful feeling everyday.

Having a neighbor who hates your pets/animals takes some of the joy away from having them.

Hope everything works out for the OP as much as it can under the circumstances.

Quote:
I glad things are moving along even if slow. Jurisdiction and coordination between agencies can really slow things down. It also sounds like you are staying calm through all this. Calmness rather than hysteria can go a long ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom