Ignorant people make me nuts...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chicken Lil, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Why dont you take the opportunity to educate them a little? Sounds like a perfect time to enlighten them on the matter.

It doesn't work. I still have friends who think you catch colds from going outside with wet hair.​

2. Sylvie

Sylvie Songster

Jul 15, 2008
    Ohio
    I laughed even though this wasn't meant as funny.
    I had a parakeet for many years and one day I was feeling a bit off. You wouldn't believe how many non bird owners thought it was from my bird. It could have as easily been from their cat or dog or kids when I visited. Maybe it was a defensive remark.
    I guess it stems from what ever has been currently in the news and stays in their recent memory.
    Now that I have chickens I will keep this in mind; I'd forgotten about my experience until I read this thread.

3. Chicken Lil

Chicken Lil Songster

Nov 14, 2008
    Quote:Believe me I try to but these two especially have told me several times that I am risking getting the Bird Flu. Sometimes people don't want to be educated and hold fast to thier opinions.

4. chickabator

chickabator Songster

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    I had the flu last week , my dad and mom call and I tested positive for type a influenza at the dr. office and they swore up and down that I have the bird flu. It really burns me up sometimes on how ignorant people can be. but to them they all think I am crazy anyway for having chickens, and everytime someone gets a cold they holler its the bird flu. they are so clueless.

5. hennypenny9

hennypenny9 Songster

Oct 5, 2008
    Bellingham, Washington
    Quote:I don't think bird flu has been found in the US yet? And chicken from the grocery store is probably more unhealthy than having chickens in your backyard. Not that they'll care.

These are probably people who don't like anything different, out of the norm. The kind that drive who work it their SUV, with a latte, gab about American Idol, go home and microwave dinner. No outside activities! No animals! No thinking!

...not that any of those things are bad, just the attitude that goes with them!

6. key west chick

key west chick Songster

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    My kids have grown up outside, eating dirt and playing in the mud. My SIL's child, barely knows what the sky looks like. Guess who's sick all the time. Yup, hers. Mine are healthy as horses.

7. I LOVE COCHINS

I LOVE COCHINS ChochieChochieCoo

Feb 10, 2008
    Quote:[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  8. Chicken Lil

Chicken Lil Songster

Nov 14, 2008
    Quote:OMG, at least my family know better, although they still think I'm an odd duck! [​IMG]

Talk about ignorant, my husband told his friends at work that we had chickens and had eggs for sale if anyone wanted them. None of the guys would buy them because they were sure that my our eggs would not be as safe as the ones from the store. [​IMG]

How stupid can you get!

9. HennyPennies2007

HennyPennies2007 Songster

Jan 26, 2008
    OMG...

[​IMG]

10. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    My SIL's child, barely knows what the sky looks like. Guess who's sick all the time. Yup, hers. Mine are healthy as horses.

Exactly! Our immune systems were not designed to function in a sterile environment. Why do you think so many kids have allergies these days. I told my mom it was HER fault I have allergies since she didn't let us get a dog until I was 14 [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: