Ignorant people make me nuts...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chicken Lil, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Chicken Lil

Chicken Lil Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2008
    Why is it so many people think having chickens is unhealthy? [​IMG]

Okay on friday morning I got up and got ready for work. When I was putting on my coat I suddenly got really sick, and had my head in the porcelain pot for the next half hour. Which really sucked as I hadn't even had anything but a cup of tea yet, so there wasn't much to but dry heaves. Anyway this went on and off all morning.

I was supposed to have lunch with a good friend of mine so I called to cancel. When I told her what was going on, and that I was not sure what caused it, she suggested it was from my chickens!! [​IMG]

Than when I spoke with one of my co workers to get the status on a report, she also suggested that my chickens must have made me sick!

This is absolute hogwash! My hens are very healthy, there house and coop are kept clean. I always wash up well after handling them, and it wouldn't be the eggs as we all eat them, and I was the only one sick.

Actually I think it may have been a reaction to the increase in one of my meds, and that I hadn't eaten anything yet. I usually eat before taking my medicine, but I was running late, and figured I'd eat my egg sandwich in the car.

I just got annoyed with how many people have misconceptions about raising chickens, and assume they are dirty animals. [​IMG]

2. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    There are more virus's spread at the work place than in the chicken coop.

Just repeat after me "You cant fix stupid, you cant fix stupid" [​IMG]

3. Chicken Lil

Nov 14, 2008
    Quote:Ain't that the truth!

4. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    I agree with Rooster. I havent had the flu in years and this year alone i have had four times. Including right now.
    It very well may be the meds too as i have had that issue myself.

Stupid people truly suck.

5. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    If it is the chickens,then why aren't you sick ALL the time..????????[​IMG]

6. rhondapiper

rhondapiper Chillin' With My Peeps

I've had the same cats for between 10-15 years and to this day, every time I get sick, my grandmother insists that it is because of the cats 'sleeping on my head.' I'm not sure where she got the idea that they sleep on my head, or why she won't drop it, but every time I get the flu, it's from the cats.

I also have seasonal allergies that she says are from the cats. I guess I'm only allergic to them in the spring?

But, she likes dogs, so she doesn't blame any of my illnesses on the dog. The dog can do no wrong.

Luckily, she grew up with chickens so I think she'll leave me alone about them. Maybe I will tell her they sleep on my head with the cats.

7. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Why dont you take the opportunity to educate them a little? Sounds like a perfect time to enlighten them on the matter.

8. Chicken Lil

Nov 14, 2008
    Quote:Don't you just love the goofy ideas people have? Maybe I should tell everyone it's my cats instead. [​IMG]

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Post a pic of the deadly virus and tell co workers that THIS is what you find on your computer desk!!! You would get sicker MORE often on that than you would do with chickens.

Can't fix stupid either!

10. chickenlover50010

chickenlover50010 Kernal Fan Club Member

Jan 19, 2009
    South Jersey
    If it is the chickens fault, then everybody on this site would be sick! (Except me, for I have none yet [​IMG] ... but I would be glad to get sick with fuzzybutt fever anythime! [​IMG] )

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by