Illinois Quail Keepers

Hello! I'm in Plainfield, close to Chicago. I am extremely new to quail - my first batch of Coturnix eggs are expected to hatch tomorrow or Thursday. I do have 1 live Coturnix quail that is a rescue. I just got it on Sunday from a fellow BYC member who found it in a park near their house. I think it's a mail since it woke me up this morning with some odd noises and it hasn't laid an egg in the 2 days I've had it.
The eggs I'm hatching are Jumbo Brown and Texas A&M - There's 60+ in lockdown right now.
I like finding local people who I can really on for their experience and knowledge when things come up. Do you breed? Hatch? Sell eggs? Slaughter for meet?
Hi there!
Late to the party..I'm looking to begin with quails soon for eggs, maybe meat. Located in Carol Stream, maybe 40 mins from Plainfield.

In saint Charles! Iv got Pharoahs and autumn ambers! I'd I'm happy to sell some eggs, and I'm hopping to get a hen or two unrelated to my flock. Iv got 11 quail right now. 6 adults and five 4 week olds. The little beepers are shaping up to have some cool colors to. If anyone just wants a few eggs to hatch send me a message. I know a lot of people tend to hatch dozens at a time and sometimes you dont want 50 quail for you first round.

In saint Charles! Iv got Pharoahs and autumn ambers! I'd I'm happy to sell some eggs, and I'm hopping to get a hen or two unrelated to my flock. Iv got 11 quail right now. 6 adults and five 4 week olds. The little beepers are shaping up to have some cool colors to. If anyone just wants a few eggs to hatch send me a message. I know a lot of people tend to hatch dozens at a time and sometimes you dont want 50 quail for you first round.
Oh, awesome!! I'll message you!
I'm SO new to this but trying to absorb quickly. I first thought I could drive to a hatchery or farm and purchase some chicks, but now I'm thinking that was naive and we'll have to hatch our own. Might be a cool thing!

Back
Top Bottom