**Im a little offended!**

he.gif
I too agree that farm fresh is the best! I've had my girls for 2yrs now and no rooster.....till this spring... LOL

My question to all of you BYC's can you tell the difference in the egg taste.....color of yolk ...etc, with a fertilized vs no fertilized egg???

Last edited:
thanks bairo....Ive wondered...Im going to have eggs soon from my new ladies and they are in with the rooster...along with one of my older hens that likes the new flock better than her old one, he hasn't mated with anyone yet that I've seen...
hide.gif

For all the "friends" or family who won't touch fresh laid eggs, it should be mandatory to have them view one of the youtube videos on battery farm hens. I suppose tho, that would scare the eggs out of them forever.

Show them where shop eggs come from...
They'll be knocking on your door for eggs quickly. Happens to me all the time.

Quote:
That actually seems to be a very common misconception. We are big Survivor fans and every single time a tribe gets some chickens, which usually include 2-3 hens and a roo, they never want to kill the roo because then they think they won't get eggs. They will actually eat a HEN and leave the roo alone. Idiots! You'd think people would do their research before going on a show like that.

as for the eggs-we don't have any yet but we have a friend who will not eat fertilized eggs. So since we have a roo, she won't be getting any of our eggs. We have plenty of others who will love them though (mainly dh's family, who used to raise chickens so they won't be so squeamish).

We get our meat from our family that raises it. We have had some wierd comments about it. Along with eggs we get from them (mine aren't laying yet) I say, "Uh, they don't make the meat at the grocery store. Where do you think it comes from? Plus it's pumped full of hormones. The kind we get isn't." Then I don't offer to them anymore. I give them to people who appreciate it.

We get the same response from vension. We started donating whole deer to the Michigan food bank instead of giving them to people we know now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom