I'M A MOMMY!!!!!! (picture crazy)

NC29mom

Songster
9 Years
Jun 15, 2010
Scotland Neck, NC
FINALLY! I got my phone call this AM at 0630!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOO!! I was SOOOOO excited (too bad I had to be at work at 0700 - had to count on my hubby & daughter to welcome my babies home). Well, I was going nuts at work all day, just couldn't wait to get home................so here I am, finally home and loving my little babies. I ordered from Cackle Hatchery, all arrived alive and are still alive. Ordered 15 golden laced sebrights, received 16. Ordered 10 japanese black tailed white bantams, received 16. SO, I was happy!!!!!! They are all drinking and eating as of now. There was one that wasn't acting quite right, but I think he's alright now.

I just can't explain the joy and excitement these little darlings are bringing me......only chicken lovers understand..............my fellow co-workers think I have lost my mind.........................Anyway, I will update frequently if you would like to join in on the joy!!!!

HERE THEY ARE:::::::::
60664_chicks7-10_007.jpg

60664_chicks7-10_007.jpg

60664_chicks7-10_014.jpg

60664_chicks7-10_008.jpg

60664_chicks7-10_009.jpg

60664_chicks7-10_015.jpg

60664_chicks7-10_016.jpg

60664_chicks7-10_017.jpg

60664_chicks7-10_002.jpg

60664_chicks7-10_001.jpg

I just LOVE THEM!!! Can't wait to start picking out names!

I wish I had more room for more chickens myself but maybe next year! Congrats on your chicks and I hope you enjoy them as much as I have enjoyed mine!

I LOVE the eighth pic of the little one drinking the water! So cute! Thanks for sharing and I hope they all thrive!

I love the little chicks-- they remind me of those things from Mario Kart, the red ghost looking things with the white mask, just different colors! I don't know how I made that connection, but I think of it everytime I see a chick with the gold face and the brown body.
hide.gif

Quote:
Yes, the brown ones are golden laced sebrights!!! Funny thing is, they seem A LOT smarter than the Japanese BTW bantams. Had NO PROBLEM getting the sebrights to eat and drink, heck - didn't even have to show them - but the japanese, they were a different story! I was worried about the sebrights because I had read a lot of posts about how hard they are to raise (some don't make it).

I REALLY NEED TO GO TO BED NOW, but I just can't pull myself away from them......................................................................I am such a chickie addict!!

Back
Top Bottom